The Happel Crew

The Happel Crew
July 2012: Front row Carter and Cade. Middle row Addy and Reegan. Back row Me, Kyler, Quincy, Cael, Jaycie, Dean and Mackenzie

Psalm 127:3-5

Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are sons born in one's youth. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them. They will not be put to shame when they contend with their enemies in the gate.

Psalm 127:3-5
Dean and Dawn proud parents of these blessings:

Mackenzie Jo 19, Carter Dean 15, Reegan Marie 12, Cael Charles 11, Quincy Everett 9, Addelynn Ruth 7, Cade Joseph 5, Kyler Erwin 4, and Jaycie LeeAnn 2

Thursday, September 16, 2010

The update

Where does my time go? Why do I sometimes seems to take a bit between posts? Keeping up with this family can take up some of my time. However, I truly enjoy the blog, and I miss it - here is an update on everyone.

Dean - working hard installing floors and other odd jobs assigned to him. Dean is not coaching any of the children this fall, he has however, helped out some with Reegan and Cael's team practices. He is leading the junior high/high school boys group at Grace Bible Church's Wednesday Night Witness. He is gearing up for the third annual Wrestlers of Faith camp coming up in October.

Dawn - I am busy schooling the children. I also have been spending some time going through clothes, rearranging and organizing. I super enjoy taking Jaycie on stroller rides, it is so relaxing to me. I am still exercising 6-7 days a week, however I also still struggle with what I eat. Either way, the exercise rocks and starts my day out in a positive note.

Mackenzie - keeping very busy and in her senior year of school. She just finished up a job selling corn for Knights Sweet Corn. She really enjoyed it, and it seriously knowledgeable in corn. She educated some ladies from CA who came to her stand one day to buy sweet corn on the difference in corn and other various corn facts. I just told her she should study horticulture, as she enjoys it so much. She is one of the leading lady roles in the years home school play, and I am so excited for her. She is also still the pizza queen working at Pizza Palace. Band will start on Monday for her as well. She is in a mentor/assistant roll with the high school girls youth group at Grace Bible Church.

Carter - football! First year of junior high football. He plays quarterback, and enjoys it a lot. His first game was Tuesday and they lost 8-6. End of the first half he got stepped on, and wow was / is his hand swollen. I wondered if he broke it, but is able to bend it. It looks good and bruised.
He plays only five games and then starts wrestling. Other then football he does his schoolwork, loves to play on his PS3 with his friends, and texting. He was thrown into a pool on Saturday with his phone in his hand. Quick thinking on the part of his friend to put it in a bag of rice saved the phone.








Reegan - 4th grade, and doing a fine job with her schooling. I gave her a reading challenge that she completed and I enjoyed a day of shopping with her on Sunday as a reward.
She is playing flag football again. She was asked to play volleyball on a team of 4th grade girls, but she really wanted to play one more year of flag football, and I wanted to honor her choice.





















Cael - 3rd grade, and I am really surprised at his schooling this year. He has struggled in the past and reached all the school "milestones" later. I decided not to let it bother me, and to realize he is who he is and as long as he tried it would come to him. This is his year, things are clicking at it has been a pleasure to watch.

Quincy - 1st grade. Playing flag football for the first time. The first day I saw him practice it cracked me up. His flags were almost touching the ground, but when he got the ball he ran like the wind. I think the combo of the low flags and the speed might be a good one two punch.

Addy - pre K. She is working on some schooling with us, I would think of this as an AK year. She is also playing soccer for the first time, and got a really cute hair cut on Tuesday. She had her 5 year check up on Monday. 36lbs and got her shots, I am sure you most likely heard her screaming.











Cade - is Cade. He is so funny. He put on a batting helmet, grabbed a bat, and asked me if I wold drive him to the Ankees. I said drive you to the Yankees? He said yes. He then told me Dean would drive him to the Ankees in a dump truck. When he asked Dean the same question, Dean said buddy if you are playing for the Yankees I will buy a dump truck.

Kyler - 2. I could leave it at that. He is 2 and means it. What he lacks in size he makes up in his voice. He loves Barney, yes, that purple dinosaur. He also is attached to his blanket just like Addy and also like Addy he is a thumb sucker. I find the combo interesting. He had his 2 year check up on Monday, 22lbs and no shots. However, he was very proficient at telling the nurse and doc "no".















Jaycie - one sweet little baby with bad nightly sleep manners. Enjoys the stroller rides, rolls over front to back, and makes some really good raspberries. Had her 4 month check up, 12lbs 11 ounces. She is just so tolerant of life. Her biggest complaints come when she is ready for a nap and her bed in not available, as in we are gone, and she wants nothing to do with sleeping in my arms. She will however fall asleep on Skeeter - I am thinking of hiring her on long days out of the house.

Jack - Loves to play Little Jack Riding Hood-

2 comments:

  1. I am totally cracking up at Jack, I love that dog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness. Your sweet baby has such a hair do! Mine were so not like that!!

    ReplyDelete