The Happel Crew

The Happel Crew
July 2012: Front row Carter and Cade. Middle row Addy and Reegan. Back row Me, Kyler, Quincy, Cael, Jaycie, Dean and Mackenzie

Psalm 127:3-5

Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are sons born in one's youth. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them. They will not be put to shame when they contend with their enemies in the gate.

Psalm 127:3-5
Dean and Dawn proud parents of these blessings:

Mackenzie Jo 19, Carter Dean 15, Reegan Marie 12, Cael Charles 11, Quincy Everett 9, Addelynn Ruth 7, Cade Joseph 5, Kyler Erwin 4, and Jaycie LeeAnn 2

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Happy Birthday Dean!!

Today my handsome husband turns 46, which means his twin brother Dale also turns 46. When I started to date Dean he was 23, so half of his life we have been a couple. That seems just crazy when I think about it. He continues to work hard so I do not have to. Well work hard outside the house anyway! I work plenty hard in the house.

Addy is taking a class at the homeschool building called Manners Matter. Today, she showed me how to fold a napkin in a fancy way. It was impressive and precious too.

Reegan, Cael, and Quincy are also in classes. They take an hour of science where they are building bridges and an hour of art where they are doing Story-gami and fold all sorts of neat things while she reads stories.

While they were in class I was running errands, in and out of a few stores, buying they deals and picking up some things for Wednesday Night Witness supper tonight. While I am at Aldi I smell something, and think to myself that the store really smells. After I leave and I am in the van I still smell it. Now I think there is something in that store that smelled so bad that is stuck to me. So I begin to sniff myself to try and figure this odor out. It does not take long to realize that our dog Jack peed my coat! I was the smell in Aldi!! Oh my, I wonder how many people I offended or who felt bad for me because I smelled like dog pee. I really wish I could say Aldi was my first stop, but it was not. I had quite the nice conversation with the cashier at Fare Way smelling of dog pee.

The offender!!









After telling the above story to my friend Ruby (Skeeter), she suggested that it could have been Kyler. This gives me food for thought

After classes today, we went and got some lunch. 4 children and I around the table and we had an impromptu class. We made sentences where we were each a sentence part; adjectives, nouns, verbs, and adverbs. We had a great time with this, and it reminded me once again that school can happen anywhere and anytime.

Last night I put a loaf of French bread into the bread maker and this morning I made French toast out of it. I also made homemade syrup yesterday. Not to toot my own French Horn, but it was really good!!

No comments:

Post a Comment