The Happel Crew

The Happel Crew
July 2012: Front row Carter and Cade. Middle row Addy and Reegan. Back row Me, Kyler, Quincy, Cael, Jaycie, Dean and Mackenzie

Psalm 127:3-5

Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are sons born in one's youth. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them. They will not be put to shame when they contend with their enemies in the gate.

Psalm 127:3-5
Dean and Dawn proud parents of these blessings:

Mackenzie Jo 19, Carter Dean 15, Reegan Marie 12, Cael Charles 11, Quincy Everett 9, Addelynn Ruth 7, Cade Joseph 5, Kyler Erwin 4, and Jaycie LeeAnn 2

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Kyler Kyler

Our son Kyler is really a ball of energy, fun, laughter, frustration, and love. He has it all. God saved him until #8 and then blessed us with a sweet baby girl to offset him.

Saturday night we were at a wedding reception, and like a lot of kids Kyler wants to go to the bathroom with me each time I go. I was in a stall and Mackenzie was in a stall (girls go in pairs), and of course he is crawling under the doors of stalls, then he asks "is that a bird house?" LOL He was referring to the sanitary napkin receptacle. This gives me an idea, maybe I could get ones from bathrooms that are being remodeled and make bird house gifts. Swinging front and back doors, every bird's dream home.

This morning he was running around naked (with socks), in that time I had to use the words "Kyler, take the waffle off your penis." I have never had to use those words before. He made it to the bathroom to go #2 (this is cause for celebration) he got a bit of toilet paper stuck in his cheeks, when I took it out and asked him to throw it away, he chased his siblings around with it first. Short celebration as I just finished cleaning poop off the upstairs bathroom floor with him standing in the shower giving me directions on how to pick up the chunks.

Kyler stories can go on and on. He alone has enough material for a book. Chapters like Potty Training with Kyler, Shopping with Kyler, Eating with Kyler, Going into Public with Kyler, the list goes on. I love this little boy dearly. He has brought some real fun times into this house. He is a lot of work but he also is a lot of life and love.

Mackenzie has been busy with school and just did real good on an Algebra test, she is not a math wizard and really needed to do well on that test to bring her grade back up.

Carter had his second junior high meet this week and is 6-0 now. He has this really good friend Hunter. Hunter is good for Carter. Carter has a tough exterior and often interior as well. Hunter is tough but also gentle and loving. He pushes Carter's comfort level and I love it.

Reegan is playing basketball and has a game on Saturday but I will have to miss as Dean committed me to working the IA game. This also means I have to miss a college football game I wanted to go to to see a dear friend play. I must look at Saturday as a date or I will be grumbling. Hey, I may still be grumbling. Oh, Reegan has made a life choice to become a jockey. She has jockey college in her plans and now says she will need to not grow much. She plans on working out for this too.

Cael is full speed into wrestling now, and loving it. My boys are very happy when they are wrestling, it just mixes well with thier personality.

Quincy is also full speed into wrestling, and it fighting a cough that will not quit. It is getting better and so I am optimistic he will be no longer be hacking up a lung in a few more days.

Addy is Reegan's play toy and she is usually playing along with whatever horse training or game that Reegan plans for her to do. She is becoming quite the helper too without my asking her to.

Cade is Cade, just sort of hangs out in the shadows and really is trying to fit in with the older boys. He is just enough different from the other boys to make that a little bit of a challenge.

Kyler - no need for more.

Jaycie just fits in so well, as Kyler says, she is like a toy. She plays and hangs out with the girls and the boys and has so much attention on her.

1 comment:

  1. Hilarious! I've said some interesting things in my day, but never had to say that! (waffle comment) Thanks for the laugh! :)

    ReplyDelete