The Happel Crew

The Happel Crew
July 2012: Front row Carter and Cade. Middle row Addy and Reegan. Back row Me, Kyler, Quincy, Cael, Jaycie, Dean and Mackenzie

Psalm 127:3-5

Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are sons born in one's youth. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them. They will not be put to shame when they contend with their enemies in the gate.

Psalm 127:3-5
Dean and Dawn proud parents of these blessings:

Mackenzie Jo 19, Carter Dean 15, Reegan Marie 12, Cael Charles 11, Quincy Everett 9, Addelynn Ruth 7, Cade Joseph 5, Kyler Erwin 4, and Jaycie LeeAnn 2

Thursday, November 10, 2011

This post is brought to you by.......

The letter M:

Mackenzie was starting her algebra homework yesterday and I sat down with her, and she was studying Monomial. So I said to her, did you raise your hand and say "Ya, I had mono." She said that you do not raise your hand in college. So I said then you just sat in the back row and said "Ya, like I had mono once." I laughed and laughed, and she just shook her head at me.

Microwave - as in we have none. Dean was cleaning ours out and realized we had a hole on the bottom of it. I said to him how long has that been there? No one knows and so lets keep on using it. That lasted about another few days and then it started to make an odd noise and spark. So it left us. I said to Dean, lets see if we can live without one. So far, I am not missing it and enjoying the extra counter space.

Making things from scratch. I have really gotten into reading labels and trying to figure out exactly what we are putting into our bodies. Of course all this while drinking Diet Pepsi (I regress). I told you yesterday that I made syrup and today I am making chocolate syrup for ice cream. I will let you know how it turns out. These are both very easy and will save money as well as give me some control over the ingredients going in.

Masses - Wednesday nights I go over to the church and help cook for the masses of children who come to Wednesday Night Witness. It is so much fun.

The letter C:

Creativity - I told you how Reegan has plans to become a jockey. She has been designing jockey uniforms now and has a folder filled with her designs. She has Addy doing the same. Not to be left out, Cael is designing singlets.

Chaos- yesterday when Dean got home the kids thought it would be fantastic to hide and jump out from all over yelling surprise and jumping about. Of course not wanting to be left out Jack went nuts barking and barking and for about 2 minutes it was complete chaos. Funny thing is, none of us cared and we all just smiled.

Coughs - I am tired of coughs really tired of coughs. Seems almost all the children have them and for some they have gone on just a bit longer then I can tolerate. What ever happened to a bottle of good old fashioned cough syrup. Not cough syrup + fever + sneezing + HFCS. Just cough syrup.

Carter - he had a pair of pajama pants that my mom made for him. They had his name on the back where the butt is. Quincy had them on last night and he was sitting on the couch on his head with his legs over the back and I said we really ought to change that to farter now that you are wearing them. If you know Quincy well, then you know this is relevant. So Carter jumped all over that and got a shaprie doctored up those pants.

No comments:

Post a Comment