The Happel Crew

The Happel Crew
July 2012: Front row Carter and Cade. Middle row Addy and Reegan. Back row Me, Kyler, Quincy, Cael, Jaycie, Dean and Mackenzie

Psalm 127:3-5

Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are sons born in one's youth. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them. They will not be put to shame when they contend with their enemies in the gate.

Psalm 127:3-5
Dean and Dawn proud parents of these blessings:

Mackenzie Jo 19, Carter Dean 15, Reegan Marie 12, Cael Charles 11, Quincy Everett 9, Addelynn Ruth 7, Cade Joseph 5, Kyler Erwin 4, and Jaycie LeeAnn 2

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Setting goals

I like to set goals, just little challenges to keep things interesting. This month of June I decided to walk 100 miles. I have a real like for Leslie Sansone's in home walking workouts. She just makes me feel good about myself and there are times in my life where that really matters to me. Right now, that is where I am, and so I go to her. As of today I am 54 miles in and 46 to go. I keep up with my weight training and even had a fantastic kettlebell workout the other day with a 30lb bell. Thought it might be fun to lose another 5lbs too. Not sure what I was thinking there. I am content with me right now, but hey why not? I do not want to live a life where I am not happy with me, always looking for a new eating plan or exercise plan. I just want to live as I am, exercising with what I like and eating when I am hungry, and being who I am.

I also look around and see a lot of stuff, which I am sure cannot be avoided with a houseful - but I think it can be controlled and so I would like to get rid of 1000 items. (this will not include children or a husband) I am at 6 right now 994 to go! One trip into a closet or the family closet and I should have no trouble!!

We had a successful graduation party for Mackenzie and right now she is unemployed as she is done at Hardees and will start her work in the corn at the end of the month and into next month.

Carter is playing baseball and just got home from Indianapolis IN where he wrestled on IA's schoolboy National Duals team and finished 4-3 in Greco Roman and 8-0 in free style. He will also work in the corn.

Reegan is playing softball and has improved so much, and I no longer drag my feet to watch her play as I have developed a real liking for softball.

Cael is playing baseball and is the cutest out there. He is small but mighty. He remains a diligent hard worker and makes sure he is where he needs to be when he needs to be there.

Quincy is playing baseball. Now no doubt he is the smallest kid in that league and maybe the league below him. He is one small boy. He can whack that ball and then run like the wind.

Addy is playing tball. Talk about cute and funny watching her. It interests me to see how they try and fit into a group that they are new to.

Cade and not old enough to play ball but is growing up so fast. He cracks me up daily with what he says.

Kyler is a pipsqueak, and bit my butt the other day - he is all of 2 and then some.

Jaycie is moving around items on her feet but has yet to stand on her own or walk.

Dean went to Indianapolis with Carter and he, Carter, Cael, and Quincy will be going to WI Dells this weekend. Carter will wrestle and the other boys will be his fan club.

Our lives are going at break neck speed and I find myself thankful for an easy day now and then. What does easy mean? I guess just a day where there are only a few places to go, or better yet, none at all!!

1 comment:

  1. We live only about 45 min from the Dells - its alot of fun!

    ReplyDelete