The Happel Crew

The Happel Crew
July 2012: Front row Carter and Cade. Middle row Addy and Reegan. Back row Me, Kyler, Quincy, Cael, Jaycie, Dean and Mackenzie

Psalm 127:3-5

Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are sons born in one's youth. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them. They will not be put to shame when they contend with their enemies in the gate.

Psalm 127:3-5
Dean and Dawn proud parents of these blessings:

Mackenzie Jo 19, Carter Dean 15, Reegan Marie 12, Cael Charles 11, Quincy Everett 9, Addelynn Ruth 7, Cade Joseph 5, Kyler Erwin 4, and Jaycie LeeAnn 2

Monday, May 30, 2011

Lost and Found

I was lost but now have been found.

You may have thought that we did not come home from our vacation. But we did and life got busy and we get handed a heartbreak and I have been working through those emotions and letting my blog slip. I think I am on the mend and ready to write and one day may even share our recent trial. But today will not be that day.

In a family of 9 children a lot goes on in one day, I am sure you can imagine what goes on here when a month goes by.

Reegan turned 11 on April 11th - a GOLDEN BIRTHDAY!!! Jaycie turned 1 on April 28th. Mackenzie turned 18 on May 4th.









Carter, Cael, and Quincy all won USA Freestyle and Greco state which means they all three were USA Triple Crown winners.


Carter has decided to continue with his wrestling even though we all thought he was going to be done for the year after that state tourney. But he asked us if he could wrestle in June in Wisconsin Dells for a weekend and Indianapolis IN for 4 days. I asked where he would work out and he had that part figured out and so we agreed. I think the opportunity will be great.

Addy, Quincy, Cael, Reegan, & Carter are playing baseball/softball. This means that we have times when there are a few things going on at one time, but we just take it one event at at time and when needed the adults in the house split up and we get it all covered. I really want the kids to have opportunities and I do not want them unable to do things because it means a bit more work for me. This is a short period of time and a busy period of time. Although my physical body is moving a lot my mind has slowed down a great deal. I am enjoying every bit of what we are doing. My eyes have changed and I see things and feel things very differently.










Mackenzie went to prom with Brandon in Dubuque. They were a lovely couple.

Mackenzie also graduated high school!! 1 down 8 to go!! It was a fabulous ceremony, and I thought I would cry, I did get a bit teary eyed but it was such a celebration that is was hard to be sad. It has been such a privilege to have educated her at home, to have spent so much time with her, to have gotten to really know her. We experienced so much. I do have graduation photos, but they are not uploaded yet. So hopefully very soon I can share those.


Jaycie is not a walker yet.

Kyler should be nicknamed "the pistol"

Cade stays as funny as ever and I look at him and cannot believe how fast he is growing up and changing.

2 comments:

  1. I am sorry to hear that you have been/are enduring a heartbreak. We have found that during our darkest moment, that God had already prepared many blessings for us in the aftermath. I would never have chosen a difficult trial, but almost three years later I can see God working in and through my family.

    Praying for peace and wisdom for you all. Glad to see you are back in the blogging world :)

    With Hope,
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you have really talented kids! Congrats to you both. I can imagine your both really proud parents. I will be soon entering the realm of parenthood and cant wait! Please take a look at my blog if you get chance...New Build Planning Permission

    ReplyDelete