The Happel Crew

The Happel Crew
July 2012: Front row Carter and Cade. Middle row Addy and Reegan. Back row Me, Kyler, Quincy, Cael, Jaycie, Dean and Mackenzie

Psalm 127:3-5

Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are sons born in one's youth. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them. They will not be put to shame when they contend with their enemies in the gate.

Psalm 127:3-5
Dean and Dawn proud parents of these blessings:

Mackenzie Jo 19, Carter Dean 15, Reegan Marie 12, Cael Charles 11, Quincy Everett 9, Addelynn Ruth 7, Cade Joseph 5, Kyler Erwin 4, and Jaycie LeeAnn 2

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Shopping Fun

Reegan, Cael, & Quincy had classes today. Addy, Jaycie, and I hit the town shopping.

First stop Wal Greens. Two transactions:
1. GO! Kids! Vitamins. $5.00 + tax = $5.35 (got back $5.00 register reward)
2. Pantene conditioner & Shampoo. 2for $7.00 + 4 knee high hose (fillers) .25 each. $8.00 - $3.00 coupon on two Pantene - $5.00 register reward from transaction #1. Total - $.56 I JUST PAID TAX!!

Next we went to Menards to start having fun with those rebate checks.

Capri Sun x2 (lunch drinks) 3.56
Diet Pepsi (lunch drink) 1.43
Physique shampoo 6.00*
Physique Conditioner 6.00*
Bounce Dryer Bar 3.49
5 candles (4.49 each) 22.45*
4 three pk lint rollers (5each) 20.00*
2 Scented Warmers 9.98*

Total 72.91
Tax 5.10
Total 78.01
Coupon (bounce bar) -2.50
Rebate check -30.50
Rebate check - 25.00
Rebate check - 16.00
Rebate check -4.01

Remaining balance on rebate checks is $7.49 & I am waiting on another $10.00 check.

All items with an * are items that have rebates that go with them. They will either end up being free or almost free once the rebate is back.

I will be sending in $57.50 in rebate checks from this purchase and continue to get more stuff that is free or pretty close to it with these checks. Am eager to see what I get throughout the year.

After lunch the kids went to gym and swim and us girls went to Aldi and Wal Mart. Did well and came under budget - always nice. The best score at Wal Mart was a half gallon of chocolate milk for .68. Land O Lakes had a $1 coupon in last Sunday's paper. Wal Mart had the half gallon chocolate milk on sale for $1.68. One might think a half gallon of chocolate milk will not go far with a family this size and you would be right. However, a half gallon of chocolate milk mixed in with a half gallon on white milk makes a whole gallon and happy kiddos!!

A friend of mine gave my a Bounce Dryer bar for my birthday - I am hooked! Since I had not priced them before I was not sure what they would cost. They were on sale at Fareway last week for $3.99, but the Marion store had none. Today I checked out the price at Menards and it was $3.49 with my $2.50 off coupon I only paid .99!

4 comments:

  1. My whole family misses Menards. Lowes and Home Depot just aren't in the same league.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Codey - I Love Menards. If I ever needed a part time job that is the first place I would go to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried to get a job there. Unfortunately, we weren't sure when we would be moving, so that kind of delayed my application. It turned out they were hiring somebody to work the floor, and I was not old enough (at the time)...

    I had friends that worked there... (what a claim to fame)...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Someday, I will work in the Enchanted Forest for Christmas money!

    ReplyDelete