The Happel Crew

The Happel Crew
July 2012: Front row Carter and Cade. Middle row Addy and Reegan. Back row Me, Kyler, Quincy, Cael, Jaycie, Dean and Mackenzie

Psalm 127:3-5

Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are sons born in one's youth. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them. They will not be put to shame when they contend with their enemies in the gate.

Psalm 127:3-5
Dean and Dawn proud parents of these blessings:

Mackenzie Jo 19, Carter Dean 15, Reegan Marie 12, Cael Charles 11, Quincy Everett 9, Addelynn Ruth 7, Cade Joseph 5, Kyler Erwin 4, and Jaycie LeeAnn 2

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Seize the day

Yesterday it snowed which is hardly news in IA, but what rarely happens is that the temperature is tolerable. Seems that we get snow and then it gets so cold that no one could play outside for very long. Yesterday was different. In fact, I shoveled for a while without any gloves on.

Reegan, Cael, Quincy, and Addy went outside for over an hour and played and enjoyed themselves. I kept peeking out the window to watch them playing in the winter wonderland. Carter left with a friend and went snowboarding for 2 1/2 hours. He loves to snowboard and sled. He had just said that he had not gotten to do it much yet this year.

Dean came home later and shoveled and borrowed a snowblower to dig out the area where the cars park. Reegan, Addy, and Cade went out to help him. Then they built this mega snowman who is wearing an old mop on his head. This guy is as tall as Dean (ok I know that is not that tall). I have pictures but for some reason I cannot get my camera to upload any pictures right now. If I can figure that out I will put a picture up.

It reminded me of the day that we went snow shoeing last year, that too was a perfect winter day. I could do winter if the temps stayed in the 20's - 30's range.

No comments:

Post a Comment