The Happel Crew

The Happel Crew
July 2012: Front row Carter and Cade. Middle row Addy and Reegan. Back row Me, Kyler, Quincy, Cael, Jaycie, Dean and Mackenzie

Psalm 127:3-5

Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are sons born in one's youth. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them. They will not be put to shame when they contend with their enemies in the gate.

Psalm 127:3-5
Dean and Dawn proud parents of these blessings:

Mackenzie Jo 19, Carter Dean 15, Reegan Marie 12, Cael Charles 11, Quincy Everett 9, Addelynn Ruth 7, Cade Joseph 5, Kyler Erwin 4, and Jaycie LeeAnn 2

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

That's Crazy Talk!!

I really have the hardest time paying an admission fee for a junior high event. Seriously, this cramps my style for many reasons. One is I hardly ever carry cash, for one my ATM card is broken and two, I might spend it needlessly. So, when we arrived at Gooselake I had to write a $5 check, yes a check, to get into the junior high game, and remember, I saw no goose or lake anywhere! Today I got just a little smarter and got some money out at the bank this afternoon so Carter could eat dinner and we could pay admission if necessary. Sure enough, the lady cut us a deal and charged us only $6 to get in. Gee Whiz, SIX DOLLARS!!

I feel I need to back up a bit here, I am already admittedly a bit upset that in 7th grade, he plays 6 minute quarters. 24 minutes of football only. Now the 7th grade is a small team, 13 kids on the team, and so Carter is playing both sides of the ball, thank goodness or else he may never get on the field. The last two years he has played 7 minute quarters, and in flag football they play 12 minute quarters, and even with continuous clock the game lasts longer then Carter's.

I enjoy a good road trip, but driving an hour and 15 minutes or so to see 24 minutes of football AND pay admission, just chaps my hide. I feel an email to the school may be in the works. Despite all that I would not intentionally miss a game. Carter scored again tonight and had a few good runs and tackles. It is really fun to watch my kids do the things that they enjoy.

What is not fun, the unloading of the van when we get home. Four or five trips carrying in trash, toys, coats, pants, sleeping and crying children. Dean usually says what has now become a classic line "kids, we have a lot of stuff to carry in."

Mackenzie announced that next week they will be half way through the play practices for this play. Half way already - now that is really crazy talk - as is paying for her cap and gown for graduation today. Graduation folks - WOW!

No comments:

Post a Comment