The Happel Crew

The Happel Crew
July 2012: Front row Carter and Cade. Middle row Addy and Reegan. Back row Me, Kyler, Quincy, Cael, Jaycie, Dean and Mackenzie

Psalm 127:3-5

Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are sons born in one's youth. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them. They will not be put to shame when they contend with their enemies in the gate.

Psalm 127:3-5
Dean and Dawn proud parents of these blessings:

Mackenzie Jo 19, Carter Dean 15, Reegan Marie 12, Cael Charles 11, Quincy Everett 9, Addelynn Ruth 7, Cade Joseph 5, Kyler Erwin 4, and Jaycie LeeAnn 2

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

So much to say so little space or time

Wow, can life ever get busy at times, and this is one of those times. I have tons of ideas, thoughts, and events to write about but have not found the time to sit and write it all out. So here is a very condensed version of what has gone on around here in the last week.

  • Mackenzie went to the Lisbon Homecoming Dance, she was stunning.
  • Reegan scored another touchdown - Cael handed her the ball.
  • I have always wanted to see one kid give the ball to another and score, I was not there, I was watching Quincy.
  • Quincy was as cute as ever playing flag football, his flags almost touch the ground, and I was half frozen watching.
  • My friend Skeeter watched too, she is not the weather wimp I am.
  • I am tired of workbooks and textbooks.
  • I am one week into schooling outside the box and loving it.
  • I have decided having 3 children 3 and under and 2 teenagers in the house is difficult at times.
  • Carter threw a touchdown pass to the neighbor boy, it was sweet on many levels.
  • Took a field trip to Naobi Zoo.
  • Addy was funny playing soccer - no goal.
  • I assisted in cooking for many children and some adults tonight; goulash, biscuits, and peaches.
  • I am not a fan of cooking, and so serving in the kitchen is a perfect stretch for me.
  • Dean is teaching junior high / high school boys.
  • Cade had a bloody nose tonight.
  • Kyler had a fake bloody nose for sympathy, and made me laugh.
  • Jaycie still gets up almost every hour of the night.
  • Kyler moved out of his crib and into the kid pile, I mean his own bed.
  • Dean has been helping Dale with a sweet little addition he put on.
  • I miss my blog.
  • Been selling on EBAY trying to make some extra cash.
  • Mackenzie made a surprise trip to Dubuque to see her friend Brandon run in a cross country meet.
  • He is running in Cedar Rapids tomorrow afternoon, I am sure she will be there....more to this story to come.
  • I really want 2 museum memberships, science station and history museum.
  • Yesterday I told the kids that we live too far north for me to be saying "get off the dog".
  • I super love my Leslie Sansone walking dvds, she makes me feel good about myself.
  • Got 5 boxes of popcorn for free yesterday, coupons and sales rock.
  • I had a cold that was thinking of taking me out, but I fought back and got over it quick.
  • Reegan and Addy have been playing a ton with pretend horses; feeding, caring, and riding. Even though these are not real, there is a lot of real learning going on.
  • Cael was the planner of an in house carnival, Quincy, Addy, and Reegan helped. Again, lots of learning happening.
  • I wish I had a few days to do nothing but read.
  • I have spent a lot of time in observation lately.
  • God is so very very good, all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment