The Happel Crew

The Happel Crew
July 2012: Front row Carter and Cade. Middle row Addy and Reegan. Back row Me, Kyler, Quincy, Cael, Jaycie, Dean and Mackenzie

Psalm 127:3-5

Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are sons born in one's youth. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them. They will not be put to shame when they contend with their enemies in the gate.

Psalm 127:3-5
Dean and Dawn proud parents of these blessings:

Mackenzie Jo 19, Carter Dean 15, Reegan Marie 12, Cael Charles 11, Quincy Everett 9, Addelynn Ruth 7, Cade Joseph 5, Kyler Erwin 4, and Jaycie LeeAnn 2

Sunday, September 26, 2010

False Advertisement



Thursday Dean, Mackenzie, Cade, Kyler, Jaycie and I went to Gooselake to watch Carter play football against Northeast Gooselake. The 7th grade team won the game 8-0 and Carter scored the touchdown. I was super thrilled for him because I knew how excited he would be and how bad he wanted to score this year. By the way - we never saw a Goose or a Lake!

We went to McDonalds in DeWitt afterward. We ate in the play place, we even spent $3 on two pair of socks for Cade and Kyler. I guess the signs stating that socks are required is not really true and my kids I think were the only two following the $3 rule. This by the way looks like the Hamburgler - but the voice coming out from behind was Dean. If you know Dean you know he cannot help but coach, and at McDonalds I guess the kids climbing into the play place needed coaching so he camped out on the level behind the Hamburgler. I could not help myself and very loudly asked "Is there a play place coach in the house?" This made Mackenzie and I burst into a belly laugh.

I do have to throw in here my HUGE thanks to Skeeter, who kept Reegan, Cael, Quincy, and Addy. She shuttled three of them to practices and took them to a volleyball game. 98% of the time we are able to get everyone where they need to go, but when I cannot she is always there for me. The kids just love her, and I am forever thankful for her. I know my kids are well cared for and loved when they are with her. Friday night she took Mackenzie and Carter to the high school game with her and her hubby. Again, I am just really really thankful to have had this incredible friend for over twenty years. NO false advertisement here!!

Saturday we woke up early and were a wee bit chilly and wet watching Quincy play flag football at 8:00am. This was his first flag football game, and my gosh, I know he is my child but he is so cute out there!! Reegan and Cael played after Quincy, and so we stood out there for over 2 hours, and were pretty wet and cold.


I know I have mentioned this before, but that Reegan can FLY!! She played quarterback second half and ran about 45 yards to score a touchdown. Cael is quite the team player, he carried the ball once and made a few tackles, but what I really like about him is how he encourages everyone all the time.

We spent the rest of the day celebrating family birthdays in Manchester and visited the fish hatchery. This is one of my kids favorite places to visit. They love looking at the trout in all sizes and they ended the day trying to catch some with their hands.

We then went to Lake Delhi. There is no lake, there is no more road, and no dam either. Having spent lots of time on the lake there it is really sad to see it look like this.


Despite it being a dreary, cold, and rainy day we had a fantastic day filled with all kinds of fun. We did manage to create a few extra loads of laundry throughout the day.





Sunday Addy played her second soccer game of the year. She unleashed her inner soccer beast and got aggressive today. She even scored a GOAL!! She kicked it down the field and scored. I was pretty excited for her, and honestly a bit surprised. She was most content to watch most of the action last week.

Tonight we went to Sutliff to celebrate Roy's 89th birthday.



Jaycie is going to be 5 months on Tuesday.

Kyler - it sure was cold on Saturday morning!

Cade loves to flex!






Know those little photo booths at the mall? They hold 4 teenagers in case you are wondering. When Mackenzie spent the day with her friends who moved to DC and another from around here they put themselves in the booth to take pictures. Oh man, to be young again!! Wait maybe I just mean younger.

No comments:

Post a Comment