The Happel Crew

The Happel Crew
July 2012: Front row Carter and Cade. Middle row Addy and Reegan. Back row Me, Kyler, Quincy, Cael, Jaycie, Dean and Mackenzie

Psalm 127:3-5

Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are sons born in one's youth. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them. They will not be put to shame when they contend with their enemies in the gate.

Psalm 127:3-5
Dean and Dawn proud parents of these blessings:

Mackenzie Jo 19, Carter Dean 15, Reegan Marie 12, Cael Charles 11, Quincy Everett 9, Addelynn Ruth 7, Cade Joseph 5, Kyler Erwin 4, and Jaycie LeeAnn 2

Sunday, May 9, 2010

The Week


Been a busy week here, we started with Mackenzie turning 17 on us on Tuesday. Here she is showing off her Lindale Mall gift card! Now I cannot help but wonder if she will spend it all in one place or try and get as much as possible with it!

This precious baby turned a week old on Wednesday. Oh, and might I add she is a huge blessing, that God has used to really awaken me to a lot of things.







I cannot get enough of these feet!!


Thursday Mackenzie, Lucas, and Melissa took off to Des Moines to see Taylor Swift in concert. Here she is all dolled up and ready to rock!! They got there and ooops, the tickets were no good, not good. They were able to come up with enough money to buy some cheap tickets that were for sale. I am in the process of trying to get their money back for the ones they bought to begin with. Also, my mom flew out to spend Mothers Day with her mom in AZ. Mackenzie took her to the airport and we are holding her car until she returns on Tuesday night.

Friday we had the big party, bash, hoop la for Mackenzie. We had about 25 kids here from all over, and family as well. One thing I love about her friends is that they are all so much fun and so nice. I enjoy visiting with them. They are all very different from each other too. I find it interesting that even though a great deal of these kids are homeschooled they are still very connected to each other, and are very close. It has been fun to watch the relationships grow as she has gone through high school. Ok Cael, it may not be a lampshade on your head, but the tree hat almost serves the same purpose.
Friday night Gabi and Gretchen stayed the night and Cael and Quincy went home with Janice. This made for new dynamics in both houses. Let's say I am not used to walking into the bathroom to a counter full of nail polish and hair accessories. I am more used to boys who are practicing sliding into bases in the family room. Carter was also gone on Friday night to a birthday party.

Friday my dad and Maggie came up to meet Jaycie.









Saturday was a pretty lazy day, and I must admit I really needed one. I had a hard time waking up, took a nap, and did a lot of sitting. Reegan went to a birthday party and Mackenzie went to two more parties that evening.


HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!! I hope all moms had a FANTASTIC day. It is nice to have a day to honor us, I know so many of us pour our hearts, souls, and time into our families. I am a big fan of having a day for yourself. I am a big fan of birthdays, I get emotional for my kids birthdays, but I really want them to feel special for a day, it means a lot to me. I used to love my birthday, and I still remember my first mother's day. I was so happy to be a part of this event, and Mackenzie was so kind as to be born before Mother's Day in 1993 and I have been able to be a part of this day for 17 years now. For me, this is a huge part of my identity - mom, it is what I do, my job, my days, and my nights. It is largely what I am.

The week must have tired out Addy, here she is asleep holding a sleeping Jaycie. Kyler was wiped out too, hit the floor and he was OUT. Cade still has plenty of energy, after all he learned how to ride the training wheel bike!!

No comments:

Post a Comment