The Happel Crew

The Happel Crew
July 2012: Front row Carter and Cade. Middle row Addy and Reegan. Back row Me, Kyler, Quincy, Cael, Jaycie, Dean and Mackenzie

Psalm 127:3-5

Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are sons born in one's youth. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them. They will not be put to shame when they contend with their enemies in the gate.

Psalm 127:3-5
Dean and Dawn proud parents of these blessings:

Mackenzie Jo 19, Carter Dean 15, Reegan Marie 12, Cael Charles 11, Quincy Everett 9, Addelynn Ruth 7, Cade Joseph 5, Kyler Erwin 4, and Jaycie LeeAnn 2

Thursday, May 6, 2010

The Bash

We have been actively preparing for Mackenzie's birthday bash on Friday night. She likes a party and she loves her own birthday party. It is important to her, and always has been. So we do try and make it fun and special. She will have having a lot of friends and family over here on Friday night. We are cooking out and having a fire. I bought all the food and drink yesterday, the outside was prepared, and Dean went to town on some things in the house, his night was concluded by wearing a ghost buster vacuum and vacuuming the house from top to bottom.

We have been getting some delicious meals brought into our home this week and what a blessing that is. I seem to have energy early in the day and then........NOPE.......wore out later on. In fact I have been out and about so much that it is leaving me a little sore in the "privates". So last night I decided to sit on an ice pack. Well this got me laughing just a bit (sinister laugh I might add) as I thought about the next person to use the ice pack for let's say to keep their lunch cold. hehehehe. Anyway, there was three layers between me and the ice pack and I must admit it felt very "refreshing". I am thinking of a repeat performance tonight.

Had company last night as the Montgomery crew came by to see baby Jaycie, I think it was more for Skeeter to get her Jaycie fix, and for Dean to have Slick and Mitch try out all the good desserts that have been coming our way.

I am thinking we are starting to drown in some of our own clutter, Mackenzie and Carter did a fantastic job or reorganizing some toys in the family room and we have reclaimed it as living space. We are going to work on the school room today, and then start getting rid of trash bags of odds and ends toys that have no more life to live here!! I am excited for this. Sometimes it feels like we get drug down by stuff more so then life. The stuff becomes too overwhelming. I often think of the Amish and how much they can get done in a day without the taking care of clutter. I so want to be that. Well not Amish dress or mode of transportation, although horse and buggy may be fun for a day or two. Just a clutter free life filled with family!!

This afternoon Mackenzie, Lucas and Melissa take off for Des Moines for the Taylor Swift concert. I am a bit nervous to send her off like that, but I am also very excited for her, and the chance to get to see this show. Dean reminded me to keep lifting her up in prayer all day for their safety. If you think to do the same I would so appreciate it.

Have a blessed day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment