The Happel Crew

The Happel Crew
July 2012: Front row Carter and Cade. Middle row Addy and Reegan. Back row Me, Kyler, Quincy, Cael, Jaycie, Dean and Mackenzie

Psalm 127:3-5

Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are sons born in one's youth. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them. They will not be put to shame when they contend with their enemies in the gate.

Psalm 127:3-5
Dean and Dawn proud parents of these blessings:

Mackenzie Jo 19, Carter Dean 15, Reegan Marie 12, Cael Charles 11, Quincy Everett 9, Addelynn Ruth 7, Cade Joseph 5, Kyler Erwin 4, and Jaycie LeeAnn 2

Monday, March 15, 2010

Stressed OUT

I usually am able to handle a lot and at the same time. It can be hard to rattle me. But Friday I actually sent a text to Dean that simply said "I QUIT". I could not handle one more thing. Carter came home from practice Thursday with another pinched nerve in his back. I say another because this happened to him in January and he really struggled with the pain. All this requires is a visit to the chiro, some ice, ibuprofen, and rest. Easy enough. However, his district meet is Saturday and the only way to make it to state (which we have been working for since November) is to finish in the top 4. So the ability to rest it is not happening, he has to wrestle if he wants to go on. Also, you have to be at scratch weight and he is still .8 over Friday morning. He looks at me and says "I am wrestling!"

Ok, so Carter has issues. I have a pre-natal appt at 9:30 in CR. Kyler has been running a temp now for a day and I am no longer thinking teeth as his hands are in his mouth non-stop. PLEASE no strep, I am HIGHLY susceptible to this as is my already banged up kid Carter.

Here we go, I call the chiro and take Carter in at 8:45, come home and grab Kyler and take him with me to my pre-natal appt. Then take him to a walk in clinic where they find nothing wrong with him. Super cute old man as his doc, seriously reminded me of the doctor from Doc Hollywood and I half expected him to tell me to give him a shot of Whiskey!!

Come home, and when he wakes from his nap he is still really warm, and so I run him to Mt Vernon - they find he has thrush and that is most likely causing the fever as it is an infection. WOW, I learned something new. One day on meds and hands are out of his mouth and he is feeling much better.

Carter continues to ice his back and take ibuprofen and plays outside, goes and works out, and gets his weight under, comes home eats supper and goes to bed over weight again by .2. Gee kid, do I need to cut a butt cheek off? Gets up Saturday we ice the back on the way to weigh in he is 84.4 and good for 85, give him some more meds and some McDonalds and he is ready and comes home a district champ and will be looking for his third AAU state title in two weeks. (runner-up last year - he is still mad about that).

As for my doc appt, perfectly normal and boring, and despite all the stress of the morning my bp was 104/64. No weight gain again which is 6 straight weeks, and baby measured ok as well. The weight gain thing had me thinking for a while, but as long as baby keeps growing I am sure she must be doing fine, and my total is between 21-22 so that is in line too. The only thing I cannot wrap my mind around is how fast it is going.

************MOCK TRAIL*******************************************************

Mackenzie participated in Mock Trail competition on Thursday of last week. This was one of the coolest things I have ever watched my kids participate in. I got a babysitter for the younger children and took Carter with me and picked up my mother in law. I am not a good backer outer of the van and decided to try just a large turn instead however I got stuck in the neighbor's yard. I do mean stuck too, and thankfully living in a small town someone saw me and came over to pull me out. We got there in time and got to see her perform on the prosecution and then get lunch and come back to see her on defense. This was amazing and the kids put in a tremendous amount of work in preparation. I am really thankful she had an opportunity to be a part of this and that I was able to get away to see her. I teased my mother in law all day that she "got stuck with me for the day" hehe.

They won the first trial and just got beat in the second. This is scored as a per person and then a tally at the end and scored by actually judges. Really a neat thing. She was fantastic too, has a very nice court presence I might add.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Lord woman, you made me tired and stressed just reading this. You might need that shot of Whiskey! :)

    ReplyDelete