The Happel Crew

The Happel Crew
July 2012: Front row Carter and Cade. Middle row Addy and Reegan. Back row Me, Kyler, Quincy, Cael, Jaycie, Dean and Mackenzie

Psalm 127:3-5

Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are sons born in one's youth. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them. They will not be put to shame when they contend with their enemies in the gate.

Psalm 127:3-5
Dean and Dawn proud parents of these blessings:

Mackenzie Jo 19, Carter Dean 15, Reegan Marie 12, Cael Charles 11, Quincy Everett 9, Addelynn Ruth 7, Cade Joseph 5, Kyler Erwin 4, and Jaycie LeeAnn 2

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Giddy up on the shopping!!

Had a great shopping run today. Bought 2 packages of Huggies, 1 Dawn dish soap, 3 Buddy Bars, 5 Gillette body washes, 5 tubes of toothpaste, 2 pakages of band aids, 1 Gillette Fusion shaving cream for just over $16. Then while at Target I bought some pop-tarts, I know, not the best food for you, but Dean likes them for breakfast, they gave me $5 back to spend another time. At Wal-Greens they gave me $3 back to spend another time. At Hy-Vee they gave me $2 back, again to use at a later date and I saved .16 per gallon on my gas!! I love the simple pleasure of getting good deals!!!

Update: I have been asked for details and here they are:

Trip to Target, now you can print coupons for Target from their website and you can take your own coupon and do what is called stacking.
Huggies - 8.99 used 2 Target coupons for $1.50 off and my own for $1.50 off.
Gillette - Coupon from the paper for $4 off of 2. Target has a smaller bottle for 1.89. Actually make money here
Shaving Cream - on sale for 2.99, I have a dollar coupon off one, and then a coupon for buy 1 get a Gillette body wash free
Toothpaste - here I bought kids toothpaste that they had on sale for $1.49, Target had $1 off coupons from their website, and I stacked my own on top to make money on one tube and pay very little for the second.
Band-Aids - Target has on sale for 1.89, Target has coupon on their site for $1 off. So .89 a piece.
Buddy Bars- Johnson has a coupon for $1 off and Johnsons product, I use it to buy the Buddy Bars because they are .97 a piece so this is a money maker too.

Now also there I bought Pop-Tarts as mentioned above, they had them two boxes for $5, if you buy 5 boxes they give you a five dollar gift card. I also bought some Anytizers there stacking a dollar coupon of theirs and one of my own.

Wal-Greens - I bought some Dawn dish detergent for .99 then used a .25 coupon. They had toothpaste 3/8 with a $3 register reward. I had $7 is register rewards from last week. So I bought the three tubes of toothpaste, the detergent, and a candy bar. I used my register rewards from last week and three toothpaste coupons, and paid nothing for that stuff, and they gave me $3 back as a register reward.

Hy-Vee - as always I shop the sales between here and Fareway. I also buy meat from the meat counter which I am getting used to and enjoying. I am also finding that if you buy the meat they have on sale it is cheaper then anywhere else. For example last week I bought 4lbs of chicken breasts for $6.66. I have also taken to buying only bread from the bakery at Hy-Vee, I can no longer eat "fresh" bread from the aisle. And since I have been shopping the sales I can afford it. Although seriously it is only $1.99 for a pound of bread so it is not that much more. As I have said before you can get a sheet when you walk in and it shows the mystery buys which can save you on gas. I bought two of these + the four cents off that today's discount was. Which gave me .16 off a gallon of gas. I am thinking of saving my receipts for a year and seeing how much I save.

The funnest buy here is 2/4 Oscar Meyer Hot Dogs. Now this is not a bargain hot dog price, but it was one of the mystery buys which got me .06 per gallon of gas I bought. I bought 10 gallons. I also got $2 off my next purchase that spit out at the register for buying them. So now, these not so bargain hot dogs are really a bargain!

Ok, so there is the long post with the details.

No comments:

Post a Comment