The Happel Crew

The Happel Crew
July 2012: Front row Carter and Cade. Middle row Addy and Reegan. Back row Me, Kyler, Quincy, Cael, Jaycie, Dean and Mackenzie

Psalm 127:3-5

Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are sons born in one's youth. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them. They will not be put to shame when they contend with their enemies in the gate.

Psalm 127:3-5
Dean and Dawn proud parents of these blessings:

Mackenzie Jo 19, Carter Dean 15, Reegan Marie 12, Cael Charles 11, Quincy Everett 9, Addelynn Ruth 7, Cade Joseph 5, Kyler Erwin 4, and Jaycie LeeAnn 2

Monday, February 22, 2010

1-2-3 Good Friends and Family

1st - Carter
2nd - Cael
3rd - Quincy

The birth order of my first three sons? Yes, also their places from Sunday's biggest tourney that we have done yet this year. Quincy took his first loss of the year and learned how to pull himself together, face adversity, and perseverance. He battled back and got third. Cael took a tough and hard fought loss in the finals 11-10. Was leading early and then it went back and forth. He learned that small mistakes can sometimes cost you a match if you are up against another good opponent. Both these two beat good kids and beat them good, Cael either pinned or had one major decision. Quincy just beat a kid 11-9 a few weeks ago and yesterday beat him 15-0. It is so much fun to watch these two. They are hard workers and know a lot. One of the things I love about wrestling is the life lessons learned a long the way. Also, this is something they can all do together and share.

Carter dominated his bracket with 3 pins, a tech fall and a 7-0 decision in the finals. His finals is a rematch with a kid he beat 1-0 in December. I have seen Carter wrestle for many years, he has quite the reputation in our state amongst the youth wrestling community. He looked as good as I have ever seen him yesterday. The boys working on strength has really been helping them out. Oh, and BONUS Carter had a birthday yesterday as well - gave himself a nice little present.

Now, I am most thankful for my mother in law who said she would stay home from the tourney and keep my youngest three. Mixed emotions for me, as I am not a fan of leaving them at home. But I am sure they enjoyed themselves a bit more not sitting in an arena all day yesterday. I too enjoyed being able to watch the matches.

Since we left on Saturday the younger ones had been with my mother in law for a while, and my great friend Skeeter came home on Sunday, from supporting her son who placed 5th at the high school state tourney to come to my house and let the three little ones come back here. Addy, Cade and Kyler were happy to be home and it was nice to know they were tucked into bed when we got home. She also had Mackenzie from 5:3o am on Thursday until she dropped her off at Vets on Sunday. I teased her that her wallet would surely get thicker if she dumped my kids for a while! Again, I am so thankful to know they were loved and cared for while we were gone.

How can I forget about Jack? He was cared for by my sister Janice and family. They even came and got him for a while on Saturday night so he could have some family time. She says he just sort of grows on you and I think I agree.

No comments:

Post a Comment