The Happel Crew

The Happel Crew
July 2012: Front row Carter and Cade. Middle row Addy and Reegan. Back row Me, Kyler, Quincy, Cael, Jaycie, Dean and Mackenzie

Psalm 127:3-5

Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are sons born in one's youth. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them. They will not be put to shame when they contend with their enemies in the gate.

Psalm 127:3-5
Dean and Dawn proud parents of these blessings:

Mackenzie Jo 19, Carter Dean 15, Reegan Marie 12, Cael Charles 11, Quincy Everett 9, Addelynn Ruth 7, Cade Joseph 5, Kyler Erwin 4, and Jaycie LeeAnn 2

Thursday, February 18, 2010

I love shopping with grandma.......

These were Reegan's words last night. Sunday in Tipton my mother in law says to me that she has a 30% off coupon to Kohls and would like to know if any of the children need winter coats for next year. My first thought is yes they ALL do, but I would never do that. We have been blessed by many people thinking of us and giving us coats that no longer fit their children. Reegan mentioned to me on Tuesday that she needed to find a new coat as hers (which is a boy coat) no longer was fitting very well. I told her what grandma had said, and so last night they took off together to Kohls. She came home about 2 hours later with a new coat, new sweatpants (for her state tourney) and a new outfit. Now, let me be the first to say that new clothes are a novelty here, my children have plenty to wear, again thanks to the generous people who give us hand me downs, goodwill, and garage sales.

The look on her face is priceless and I have thanked my mother in law a few times. She told me what she was thinking in the dressing room as she was trying on her outfit. Cute is all I can say. She just could not believe it. Priceless. Trust me, she is feeling real good about herself in these clothes.

Also, on Tuesday before taking off to the dentist, I received a package from Alabama priority mail. Well, I just had to open it even if the kids were already in the van. It was from Gene and Cindy. If you are not familiar with the story or you are just tuning in Gene is my biological father who I met for the first time that I can remember in September. Cindy is his wife and a delightful new friend. I talk with Cindy a few time a week on email. This box was filled with a lovely note and beautiful outfits, blankets, socks, and hats for the new baby. I must admit this made me tear up. All of these things were things we needed for this baby. Also, the thought that went into buying and mailing these just made me feel good.

A week of gifts and new clothes. I have felt very blessed this week, a peace, and to God be all the glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment