The Happel Crew

The Happel Crew
July 2012: Front row Carter and Cade. Middle row Addy and Reegan. Back row Me, Kyler, Quincy, Cael, Jaycie, Dean and Mackenzie

Psalm 127:3-5

Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are sons born in one's youth. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them. They will not be put to shame when they contend with their enemies in the gate.

Psalm 127:3-5
Dean and Dawn proud parents of these blessings:

Mackenzie Jo 19, Carter Dean 15, Reegan Marie 12, Cael Charles 11, Quincy Everett 9, Addelynn Ruth 7, Cade Joseph 5, Kyler Erwin 4, and Jaycie LeeAnn 2

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Before the freeze

Before I fell victim to slight hypothermia bopping around and having kids slash me, run into me, and kick me, in the Y swimming pool, I was able to get some shopping done and find a few deals. Despite the Y pool conditions, it was a lot of fun to swim with Cael and Quincy. Reegan was with us too, as was a Linn Mar high school class. Reegan is a deep end swimmer so we did not see much of her. Quincy started to get real cold and his lips were turning blue on him, so we got out early.


This is from a stop at Dollar General and this cost me $1.82. DG has their own coupons, you can find them at the front of the store. The Carefree coupon is for $1 off, Dollar General sells three different Carefree liners for a dollar, which makes these free. Also, there is a $1 off any Johnson's Baby Product, so the q-tips were .55. A band aid coupon for $1 off as well is in the set, and so this pack cost me$1.00. You can only buy one of each product at a time, so I will be heading out again to get at least more of the Carefree.

This was is a trip to Walgreens where they had a register reward deal, buy $25 worth of Huggies products get $5 in RR back. What is a Register Reward? It is like cash that you have to spend by a certain date, at Walgreens. I usually use it to buy whatever can get me more Register Rewards. The diapers were $8.99, I used 2 $2.00 off coupons. The wipes were 2 for $5, and I had a $2 RR from another purchase. This made my total $21 and change and they gave me $5 dollars back to spend later.


Here is a quick run into WalMart. They had these Pure and Natural Huggies marked down to $8.97, remember that $3 coupon I just got in the mail? That made these $5.97. The compact fluorescent lightbulbs were marked down to $2.97 for 3, I had a $1 off coupon, making three of these $1.97. If you have not tried them, I can attest that they do help with the cost of lighting and last a very long time.

One more little tip, and I learned most of this today myself. It is the Hy-Vee gas discount. I do enjoy shopping at Hy-Vee(and Fareway) and found some really good deals here too, such as coffee they had marked down to a dollar, from $5.99, and fifty cent pretzels. Oh and Activia yogurt 2 four packs for $4.00. I had $1 off coupons per 4 pack making these $1 for four yogurts. Anyway, if you show your receipt to the gas selling lady inside of the Hy-Vee gas station you get a discount on your gas. Today was .07 cents per gallon. When I got in there she asked if I had bought any mystery items. "What is a mystery item?" I ask. She tells me that there are items marked through the store and you can get a list from the store telling you which items are mystery items. Well if any of these items are on your shopping list then cha ching, another .06cents off per gallon PER MYSTERY ITEM you buy!! Also, if you pay in cash then .03 more cents off. So if today I had bought lets say 2 mystery items and paid in cash I would have gotten .21cents off per gallon. I really think this can add up to some really good savings over the year.

1 comment:

  1. It looks like you had fun saving money! I've heard of the RR before, but never tried it.

    So are you buying diapers to stock up for the baby coming, or using them on a baby now? I still have some diaper shopping to do before my baby comes too, (and a car seat- convertible type).

    ReplyDelete