The Happel Crew

The Happel Crew
July 2012: Front row Carter and Cade. Middle row Addy and Reegan. Back row Me, Kyler, Quincy, Cael, Jaycie, Dean and Mackenzie

Psalm 127:3-5

Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are sons born in one's youth. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them. They will not be put to shame when they contend with their enemies in the gate.

Psalm 127:3-5
Dean and Dawn proud parents of these blessings:

Mackenzie Jo 19, Carter Dean 15, Reegan Marie 12, Cael Charles 11, Quincy Everett 9, Addelynn Ruth 7, Cade Joseph 5, Kyler Erwin 4, and Jaycie LeeAnn 2

Friday, March 20, 2009

Company

Yesterday I had a lot of company!! First I was not feeling the best, achy and cold, but would not cave in or even take my temp. I bounced back in the afternoon and just in time. My supervising teacher came at 2, and we visited for a while. The cool thing was Dean was home and he got to sit in and listen as well. After she left, I quickly popped in a workout, now, I had to talk my body into this as the cardio salsa residue was hanging around. Then right as I was finishing, here comes Skeeter though the backdoor. With Lisbon on spring break her youngest son has spent some time over here playing. She was checking in on him, and giving me a hard time about wanting him to go back to school, I'd never wish that on him! He has been one of the "park boys" who play baseball at the park for hours at a time.

She stays until just about 8. Pretty great too, she is like the extra set of hands I miss out on during the 3 nights a week coaching gig my hubby has most of the year. I hate to say I took advantage of it, but I did get the dishes done, held Kyler while she dressed a couple of kids out of the tub, and watched her give juice to Cade. It was nice to get to talk. Seriously there are many days that go by that other then a "hi" and "how was your day" not much adult interaction occurs for me.

As she was walking out the front door, my sister and family are heading in. As you can read from her blog Cael paid them a visit yesterday. Cael and Jarrett are great friends. Well he did eat lunch over there. Quincy did not even know Cael had been gone, until he got back. Q caught wind of the luncheon over at Moehlman's and calls over to ask if he can come over for supper. They were bringing him back and came bearing birthday gifts. Her kids were cracking me up, Elliott found some leftover cake Addy and Cade had forgotten to pick up and he finished that off, Gretchen hops up and helps me eat me popcorn, was walking around with some m&m's she had found as well. No wonder they think this is Adventureland over here.

If you have concern that we eat a lot of cake, popcorn, and m&m's please don't. Yesterday was an unusual food day, mostly stemming from my inability to get full.

Mackenzie is working again tonight, Carter and Dean went to practice last night and called me right away to see how the NCAA Wrestling was going, I had no idea really too busy hanging out!! We had to up our satellite programming so we could see the wrestling. I am thrilled, there are some channels I like to use for school that are back now! After reading to the children yesterday about honeybees and beehives, the Magic School Bus went into a beehive yesterday - SWEET! I am not sure I could have planned that any better.

Reegan played outside yesterday until after dark, she too must not have been able to get full because she ate dinner over here, then a few hours later ate it again at the neighbors. She and her friends make a neat club outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment