The Happel Crew

The Happel Crew
July 2012: Front row Carter and Cade. Middle row Addy and Reegan. Back row Me, Kyler, Quincy, Cael, Jaycie, Dean and Mackenzie

Psalm 127:3-5

Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are sons born in one's youth. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them. They will not be put to shame when they contend with their enemies in the gate.

Psalm 127:3-5
Dean and Dawn proud parents of these blessings:

Mackenzie Jo 19, Carter Dean 15, Reegan Marie 12, Cael Charles 11, Quincy Everett 9, Addelynn Ruth 7, Cade Joseph 5, Kyler Erwin 4, and Jaycie LeeAnn 2

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Cardio Salsa

I am not sure if it is politically correct for a 40year old mother of 8 to be doing cardio salsa but it sure was fun, and a bit hard as well. Made my brain have to think about which foot to put where and when. Not sure I can swing my hips quite the way the lovely Latin instructor was doing, but who knows, maybe someday. I am still getting to exercise more days then not, and yesterday while I was at Goodwill, I saw a new DVD from Crunch Studios, called Cardio Salsa. I gave it a shot tonight, and I must say I did break a sweat. I also bought an exercise stability ball at WalMart, it came with a workout sheet and I think I will look online to see if I can find more.

Cade is 2 today!! He is such a cute little boy. Funny too, he would have no idea is is #7 of 8 children, he gets so much attention in a day, from each of us. Addy has him playing house almost everyday, he has no idea what she has him doing, they are like having Reegan and Cael all over again.

Cael got quite the red face yesterday from being outside from about 10 until sundown. He also lost another tooth a few days ago.

Every birthday brings a batch of monkey bread, birthday tradition. My children are thrilled there are 8 of them, that means monkey bread 9 times a year, I refuse to make it for myself. I may however start to make my own birthday cake, I do love birthday cake, yellow with chocolate frosting and I went without this year.

The nice weather brings out many outside toys and lots of kids around to play with. I came home yesterday to 20+ items in my front yard various items, strollers, bikes, scooters, bats, etc. I pulled on to my street and there were no items in anyone elses yard, except mine, my yard was an explosion of outdoor toys, made me laugh. Sort of like Monday when the kids got out their bikes, I said to myself nothing like a group of kids in mismatched clothes riding bikes from Goodwill and loving life!!

No comments:

Post a Comment