The Happel Crew

The Happel Crew
July 2012: Front row Carter and Cade. Middle row Addy and Reegan. Back row Me, Kyler, Quincy, Cael, Jaycie, Dean and Mackenzie

Psalm 127:3-5

Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are sons born in one's youth. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them. They will not be put to shame when they contend with their enemies in the gate.

Psalm 127:3-5
Dean and Dawn proud parents of these blessings:

Mackenzie Jo 19, Carter Dean 15, Reegan Marie 12, Cael Charles 11, Quincy Everett 9, Addelynn Ruth 7, Cade Joseph 5, Kyler Erwin 4, and Jaycie LeeAnn 2

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Double Coupons


I have never attending the double couponing days at KMart, but Janice hit it last night, and I thought I should take a gander at it myself. The photo shows 5 twelve packs of pop, 4 Suave body washes, 1 Palmolive dish soap, 4 Glade candles, 2 Glade scented oil candle holders, 5 Glade scented oil refills, 1 Lady Sped Stick, 2 Suave deodorant, 2 Speed Stick deodorant, 4 large cans of Pringles, 3 boxes Cinnamon Toast Crunch (kids favorite), 2 four packs of Ziploc containers, 2 Huggies baby wipes, and 1 Suavitel fabric softener. 38 items. I paid 43.00 for this (rounded up) and saved 65.00 (rounded down). I am not a real match wizard, but I do know I saved well over half my bill. This was a lot of fun, and the cashier was really nice.
Friday night I ran into Target (ouch, hahaha). I saved 23 here on groceries and various other items, getting many things for free or cents. I am getting quite the stash of items, the purpose of having a stash is to never have to pay full price for anything you use on a regular basis. When we run out of toothpaste I go to the basement to get some out of a converted freezer. When he freezer stopped working, we turned it into storage. I know I have not paid more then 25 cents for this tube, as that is my limit to spend on toothpaste, most I can get for free at CVS. If I can stay ahead of most items, I will never have to run to the store to pick up something, which as we know it is hard to pick up just that one thing and not many others along with it.
You might wonder what I will do with a lot of these items. I use them here, and I have used them for gifts. In fact, I just put together a really nice wedding gift from my stash. We could have given them money, but there is no way they could have bought what we gave them for even $20.00. This was a week or more worth of various supplies needed for their house.
I have 2 meals worth of dishes as well as a batch of cookies waiting for me in the sink. Still no dishwasher, and this is one of my chores, so since I have been gone getting van repairs, and cheap things, the dishes are waiting for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment