The Happel Crew

The Happel Crew
July 2012: Front row Carter and Cade. Middle row Addy and Reegan. Back row Me, Kyler, Quincy, Cael, Jaycie, Dean and Mackenzie

Psalm 127:3-5

Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are sons born in one's youth. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them. They will not be put to shame when they contend with their enemies in the gate.

Psalm 127:3-5
Dean and Dawn proud parents of these blessings:

Mackenzie Jo 19, Carter Dean 15, Reegan Marie 12, Cael Charles 11, Quincy Everett 9, Addelynn Ruth 7, Cade Joseph 5, Kyler Erwin 4, and Jaycie LeeAnn 2

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Lapbooks, haircuts, and hooky


I was wanting to try something new with school. We tried some lap booking. I tried to sit in a how-to session on this at a home school conference. Since I get a bit intimidated when it comes to crafts I ended up exiting out the backdoor. I gathered up enough courage and here is the photo proof that not only did I survive this project, but it was pretty easy, very informative, and a whole lot of fun! This is one that Reegan, Cael, and I did on Animal Classification. Carter is working on one about the state of Florida, and Mackenzie is working on one about the country of Rwanda. Reegan, Cael, and I are going to study tigers next and will make another book.


Look at these new cuts. I can hardly look at Cade, he looks so much like his brothers and not so much like a baby, it is like a do over at my house. Monday after I took Mackenzie to Chemistry the children and I went to get some hair cuts. Addy was wanting to get hers cut like Reegan, so she went to her shoulders. Carter went quite a bit shorter, and Cade looks like a little big guy now.
After the haircuts, I got a wild idea, and we went back and picked up Mackenzie, and I took the children to see a matinee of Hotel for Dogs. It was a lot of fun, and I saw almost the whole movie. I missed the last 20 minutes because Cade and Addy were done sitting. So we played hooky from school, had a great time, and we are considering doing it again next Monday and watching Paul Blart Mall Cop. Mackenzie has band at 3:45 so I ran her back to the home school building, and took the children home, was there for about an hour and then ran back in with the three youngest to pick her back up. We went to Walgreens where I saved $24.27, and spent $1.13. It was lovely that my cash was in the van so I wrote a check! haha. Then to Menards where I saved $12.00 and will send in rebates for another $34.50.
I missed a few days of exercise, and wanted to beat myself up over it, but decided otherwise. I got back on the stick today. I am starting a challege to do 100 pushups and 200 situps. I believe I will be working up a few at a time over a period of weeks until I can do these in a row. I am eager to see if I can accomplish this. Maybe I will have arm muscles and can post a picture of them!

1 comment:

  1. The Lap Books look great...hooray for the Happel kids (and mom). I have heard that they are great tools for learning.

    ReplyDelete