The Happel Crew

The Happel Crew
July 2012: Front row Carter and Cade. Middle row Addy and Reegan. Back row Me, Kyler, Quincy, Cael, Jaycie, Dean and Mackenzie

Psalm 127:3-5

Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are sons born in one's youth. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them. They will not be put to shame when they contend with their enemies in the gate.

Psalm 127:3-5
Dean and Dawn proud parents of these blessings:

Mackenzie Jo 19, Carter Dean 15, Reegan Marie 12, Cael Charles 11, Quincy Everett 9, Addelynn Ruth 7, Cade Joseph 5, Kyler Erwin 4, and Jaycie LeeAnn 2

Friday, January 18, 2013

A Few Home Education Projects (picture heavy)


 I  mentioned that we are using the Little House series right now as our main curriulum (not math or LA, those are seperate). Today, we did some review of what we had read thus far and started a lap book. I used to be intimidated by lap books, until we just dove in and tried one a few years ago. My kids enjoy doing them and they are pretty pain free. All my fears of doing them, were shot down once I tried it. I am not quite as crafty or creative as I wish I were but we get by. There are some great resources online that I use to make it a bit easier on me.

Here we are getting started.

Templates to be cut, completed, and glued
Cover
Cael cutting a template
Today's finished items.



We discussed and noted; how they preserved meat, how Pa made bullets, gun safety, Laura and Mary's dolls, how to make butter, chores, and the difference in the Christmas's then and now.

Addy, Cade, and Kyler did a project today to help them understand the concept of our house, our town, our state, our country, our continent, and our planet.

Kyler trying out the compass
Cade trying out a compass
All cut and ready to complete
Gluing
Gluing
Jaycie thinks she's doing one too
We're done
3 finished projects
Up close

No comments:

Post a Comment