The Happel Crew

The Happel Crew
July 2012: Front row Carter and Cade. Middle row Addy and Reegan. Back row Me, Kyler, Quincy, Cael, Jaycie, Dean and Mackenzie

Psalm 127:3-5

Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are sons born in one's youth. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them. They will not be put to shame when they contend with their enemies in the gate.

Psalm 127:3-5
Dean and Dawn proud parents of these blessings:

Mackenzie Jo 19, Carter Dean 15, Reegan Marie 12, Cael Charles 11, Quincy Everett 9, Addelynn Ruth 7, Cade Joseph 5, Kyler Erwin 4, and Jaycie LeeAnn 2

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

It's what memories are made of........

Life, memories are made out of the everyday ordinary life experiences and what we make of them each day.

Sure memories are also from big, and major events in our lives. Such as Mackenzie taking a trip to San Clemente CA, and a day trip to San Diego by train. Or Carter winning his 5th AAU state wrestling title and being a 6time finalist, winning MVP and going unbeaten in Danville, IL in a team dual, or even finishing 3rd at USA Nationals. Good memories being made.

Reegan going to the rodeo, Cael finishing 3rd at AAU, Quincy finishing 2nd, Addy getting close to loosing her top front tooth, Cade turning 5, Kyler and Jaycie thriving as #8 & 9 in constantly moving family.

But the real true memories are made in the day to day. I have been hearing my kids say "remember when" quite a bit lately. It is never followed up with "when I won the big match", "when I went on a trip", "when I had my birthday". Surprisingly, it is followed up with the more ordinary. More of the simple day to day. The conversations and funny things said at a meal. Something someone did outside. Something said at the wrong time. A funny recap of an event from years ago. Gatherings of family and friends. So many times of laughter very few times of tears.

When I see the pictures scroll across my computer, I think to myself we have had a great life thus far, we have seen a lot, and we have done a lot, and I have so many memories of it all. What I find more interesting though is what shapes the mind and memory making of my children.

Life is what we make it. I love how the living of life each day surrounded by the people you love most, and shaping your memories from those same people.

1 comment: