The Happel Crew

The Happel Crew
July 2012: Front row Carter and Cade. Middle row Addy and Reegan. Back row Me, Kyler, Quincy, Cael, Jaycie, Dean and Mackenzie

Psalm 127:3-5

Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are sons born in one's youth. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them. They will not be put to shame when they contend with their enemies in the gate.

Psalm 127:3-5
Dean and Dawn proud parents of these blessings:

Mackenzie Jo 19, Carter Dean 15, Reegan Marie 12, Cael Charles 11, Quincy Everett 9, Addelynn Ruth 7, Cade Joseph 5, Kyler Erwin 4, and Jaycie LeeAnn 2

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Out and about

Dean and I and our friends Slick and Skeeter went out for dinner and good times on Friday night. It was nice to be out with Dean and friends. Saturday morning we were out of the house bright and early for a 5th and 6th grade boys basketball game. Our nephew Brett was playing. A few minutes into the 1st quarter I realized that he was the tallest boy out there. My kids, in particular, my boys are very small. So to see a tall Happel boy out there was really odd.

Well believe it or not, we have been doing just a bit more wrestling. Yesterday was high school districts in IA. You can feel the intensity in the air. Only 2 kids move on to state, lots of heart break and lot of celebration across our state. I am not sure I am ready for a tournament like this next year when Carter is in high school. Mackenzie says I may become a smoker by then. I guess they think I get nervous or something.

I went to Tipton to watch Lisbon, I had Carter and Cael with me. Dean and Mackenzie went to Kennedy to watch Brandon and Cedar Rapids Prairie. Brandon finished 5th, which means he stays home, a real hard card to play for a senior. However, his mom told me the craziest thing. Brandon started and ended his high school wrestling career wrestling the same kid! WOW.

I finished up that kettle bell swing challenge. I did 10,000 swings in the month of January along with some other kettle bell / body weight exercises. I did this working out 5 days a week and taking the two weekend days off. What's next? Something so crazy I am not sure why I would say yes. It is called the 115 Royal Burpee Challenge. It started yesterday, with 1 burpee. Today was 2 burpees. Each day you add 1 until June 4th, when 115 burpees will be done. What's a burpee?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21dvQyNiTjM

I have a few of my kids doing this with me. I look forward to seeing how strong we all will be when we are done. There will be a huge sense of accomplishment if I can get through this one.

We had a death in the family last weekend. My mother in law's sister. Dean's aunt Darlene. We made a trip to the visitation with everyone and Dean and I went back for the funeral. Death is hard, I sat there remembering how it only seemed like yesterday that I met Darlene, or was at her house for Easter and very pregnant with Mackenzie. Life is really precious and often short. A death reminds me to treasure each and every day God blesses me to be on this earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment