The Happel Crew

The Happel Crew
July 2012: Front row Carter and Cade. Middle row Addy and Reegan. Back row Me, Kyler, Quincy, Cael, Jaycie, Dean and Mackenzie

Psalm 127:3-5

Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are sons born in one's youth. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them. They will not be put to shame when they contend with their enemies in the gate.

Psalm 127:3-5
Dean and Dawn proud parents of these blessings:

Mackenzie Jo 19, Carter Dean 15, Reegan Marie 12, Cael Charles 11, Quincy Everett 9, Addelynn Ruth 7, Cade Joseph 5, Kyler Erwin 4, and Jaycie LeeAnn 2

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Busted!!

I am again lame and forgetful and busy and distracted and forgetting to write. It does flatter me to hear that people enjoy reading this and miss my posts, to you all, I am sorry I have been a bit distracted. I think it was the threat of Dean taking over writing this, that has me typing right now!

So since it is winter we have been busy with wrestling, wrestling, and a bit more wrestling. Ya, there really can be that much wrestling, and yet it still does not get boring. After the last two weekends though I am a bit nervous that my butt will be shaped like a bleacher.

Mackenzie does her best to support Brandon in his senior year of wrestling as well as her brothers. I drove to Dubuque on Thursday for senior night. She is 'at home' around wrestling and has even struck up a few conversations at college involving the sport.

Carter remains unbeaten this year. He won USA Middle School 125 State Tournament and also won the Outstanding Wrestler Award. Pretty cool deal. He also won his last AAU district meet today. I have to admit, watching him compete this year has been fun but also emotionally hard, since this year is his last as a youth and then next year we step into high school.

Reegan loves to watch as much wrestling as possible and still wishes her dad would let her compete too, but he stands by his decision "no", and so she tags along to as many practices and meets as possible. Since we have had a mild winter she has gotten to go ride Miss T (horse) quite a few times. She will also be starting softball soon.

Cael took 2nd at the USA State tournament. He tore up his side of the bracket and then met his buzz saw in the finals. His best win of the year may have come a few weeks ago, it caused me to have what I am calling an outer body experience. I became the crazed wrestling mom. Today he won his second AAU district meet. He is such a hard worker.

Quincy is too small to compete in the USA state meet, and so he sat that one out. He is also too young and too small to wrestle this weekend. He sits with one loss on the year and will compete a few more times this season.

Addy tries to tag a long as much as possible to the practices. Mostly she hangs out with me at home. She still wrestles with not fulfilling her nick name of sassy pants. Talk about a girl with some zest!

Cade, stays home, but on occasion attends practice, not to wrestle though. Next year he needs some shoes and some time in the wrestling room. If anything, just to get some time with dad and his brothers. He will be a bit more like Cael and it may take him some time to warm up to the idea of being on the mat.

Kyler, well he finally wrestled his way out of diapers. I really was not sure this would ever happen or what the other kids and parents were going to say if he tried to wrestle in a singlet and diaper. For the most part, he has it figured out now. I do say the most part, because there is a small part that sometimes still forgets.

Jaycie, well she just wrestles with how many times she should say "no" in a day. She is also quite the little helper for me. Pretty sweet to have her little hands working beside me.

Dean coaches all these guys and spends much time and effort trying his best to train his boys and the other boys in his room.

I hang out in the bleachers or at home. I wrestle with the crowd to get out of the bleachers and make my track to the bathroom - what is it about mommy nerves??

No comments:

Post a Comment