The Happel Crew

The Happel Crew
July 2012: Front row Carter and Cade. Middle row Addy and Reegan. Back row Me, Kyler, Quincy, Cael, Jaycie, Dean and Mackenzie

Psalm 127:3-5

Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are sons born in one's youth. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them. They will not be put to shame when they contend with their enemies in the gate.

Psalm 127:3-5
Dean and Dawn proud parents of these blessings:

Mackenzie Jo 19, Carter Dean 15, Reegan Marie 12, Cael Charles 11, Quincy Everett 9, Addelynn Ruth 7, Cade Joseph 5, Kyler Erwin 4, and Jaycie LeeAnn 2

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Hello all

Mom of 9 active children and a hard working husband here, I have not fallen off the face of the earth. I am not sure why I am so lame with updating this blog, I seriously love writing in it, and trust me I have plenty of material. I just get LAZY!

The other day Reegan says to me that I should write down all the stories that happen in our housein a day and then says like that time Quincy was potty training and somehow got poop on the end of a stick and chased us around the yard with it. What the? I had forgotten about that, maybe conveniently or maybe because I did not write it down. The memory came back after she reminded me how is smeared it on the door. So hey, she is right, I could write down a story a day and I may just make that my goal here. There are plenty of adventures, misadventures, laughs, joy, frustrations, and life that occur here in a day to keep me busy writing.

Kyler is working on learning how to use the toilet for pee and poop and not for play - honestly he is doing better then I expected but is far from being close to completely trained. For him it is like a celebration each time he makes those bubbles! It goes almost without saying that anything involving the toilet, underwear, body parts, and excretions are to be giggled at and repeated often.

Cade went on a shopping trip with me today in which we starting working on our stockpile which is dwindling. I never thought I would walk down to where I store and find myself out of certain items but I have been. I am not an extreme couponer, but I do like free and close to free and we go through a lot of toothpaste, shampoo, etc. Speaking of free we made a trip tonight to Theisens so Reegan and Addy could buy some horse stuff and on the way home I saw a bottle of laundry soap along side the road. Dean turned around that that bottle was FULL!! HELLO - a free 48 load bottle of Gain Apple Mango Tango!!! Thank you laundry fairy!

Why would we go to Theisens for horse stuff when we have no horse? Because I think Reegan has a bit of a 'hope chest' so to speak for horse stuff and she actually plays with all of it. She bought a rope on this trip. Tonight, I heard this really loud noise upstairs and then the Reegan and Addy came downstairs all excited, so we had to go upstairs and watch Addy (wearing a large straw hat) ride Reegan as she cantered down the hallway. Their imaginations are simply fantastic!

We got to Theisens 12 minutes to close. Plenty of time to find a few horse things and get everyone a bag of free popcorn, but not nearly enough time to browse the aisles and pretend you own a small farm house with a few farm animals. Come on, surely I am not the only one who does this. Who does not love a store where you can feed large animals and yourself at the same place?

Carter finished up football and started wrestling a few days later and is such a happy guy now. Thank goodness!! Man has he grown too.

Cael and Quincy are done with football and they will start wrestling next week, man have they not grown.

Reegan starts basketball tomorrow.

Jaycie is Jaycie, a sweet little princess with a bubbling emerging personality. I am her mom, I get to be biased.

Mackenzie is recovered from mono, I hope anyway. She is feeling better and back into the normal swing of activity. I keep an eye on her to be sure she is getting enough rest and keeps her stress levels down, I am most certain she does not want a relapse.

Ok, enough stories for today, I will be back soon with more, with any luck it may even be tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment