The Happel Crew

The Happel Crew
July 2012: Front row Carter and Cade. Middle row Addy and Reegan. Back row Me, Kyler, Quincy, Cael, Jaycie, Dean and Mackenzie

Psalm 127:3-5

Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are sons born in one's youth. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them. They will not be put to shame when they contend with their enemies in the gate.

Psalm 127:3-5
Dean and Dawn proud parents of these blessings:

Mackenzie Jo 19, Carter Dean 15, Reegan Marie 12, Cael Charles 11, Quincy Everett 9, Addelynn Ruth 7, Cade Joseph 5, Kyler Erwin 4, and Jaycie LeeAnn 2

Friday, September 23, 2011

Giddy up!!




Reegan did a presentation for us today all about the ins and outs of riding a horse. I have to add, I was really impressed by what she knows and how confident and comfortable she is on the horse.








She has also been practicing her barrel racing and hopes to ride in a rodeo very soon.











I found this quote while on facebook, and I love it. I must admit I have spent a lot of my life making sure things are where they belong and for a number of reasons that I will not get into. This made me think about why things get out of place and how for this season; sometimes it is ok.
Dirty dishes prove I feed my kids, full trashcans prove I change my baby's diapers, messy floors prove that I let my kids have fun, piles of clothes prove I keep my kids in clean clothes, a messy bathroom proves that I bathe my children! So next time you walk into my house and see a mess, think twice… before you judge!!!

I like the last line, I can tell you I often feel judged by others on our family size and our decisions on how to educate our children. I have broad shoulders and can handle it. I hate seeing my kids have to get teased by other kids about it. I use it as a life lesson. How to stand up for what you believe in. Life is not going to be easy, but that does not mean it cannot be fun along the way. Learning how to work through the persecution I hope will help them all later in life.

1 comment: