The Happel Crew

The Happel Crew
July 2012: Front row Carter and Cade. Middle row Addy and Reegan. Back row Me, Kyler, Quincy, Cael, Jaycie, Dean and Mackenzie

Psalm 127:3-5

Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are sons born in one's youth. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them. They will not be put to shame when they contend with their enemies in the gate.

Psalm 127:3-5
Dean and Dawn proud parents of these blessings:

Mackenzie Jo 19, Carter Dean 15, Reegan Marie 12, Cael Charles 11, Quincy Everett 9, Addelynn Ruth 7, Cade Joseph 5, Kyler Erwin 4, and Jaycie LeeAnn 2

Thursday, February 24, 2011

What have I been waiting for?


I have been wanting one of these for a LONG time. The time was finally right and I brought her home on Tuesday. Menards had her on sale and I had a $5 coupon. Which made this about $11. I also had a coupon for a free refill bottle when I bought her. I had rebate checks for Menards which I also used, which meant I had no out of pocket expense.

With great anticipation we opened the box on Wednesday, did the "some assembly required", inserted 4 AA batteries, and away we went. Oh the ease of cleaning the floors. It was quite delightful and since it was new everyone wanted to try it out.

Tonight I got my chance. I decided to move all the couches out of the living room and clean under them. I hope I am not alone in finding some very odd items under the couches. Anyway, I got my chance at mopping ease. However, I was out of pads as it only came with two. Enter the micro fiber towel I had gotten at Menards (for free) a long time ago. Put that on the bottom and I too enjoyed a mopping dream. Now, I understand that the cleaning bottles are supposed to be non refillable, but I think I will take some pliers to one and test that theory. Also I think with ease Velcro could be attached to a few micro fiber towels and the pads could be washed and reused.

One day I will move up to a steam cleaner, but for now and today, I am most pleased to have this little mopping dandy.

2 comments:

  1. Oh the oddities we moms get excited over! :) LOL . . . my favorite thing my husband bought me was a floor cleaner than has a removeable/washable microfiber pad. It makes getting up the dirt and dust on the laminate so much easier!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha i got my bottles open with a butter knife.. just go around the edges until all the tabs are broken. then you can unscrew the top and reuse it :)
    i did give up my wet jet though for a norwex system.... no pads, no cleaners, washable and cleans germs with water!! LOVE IT

    enjoy your wet jet, i am sure you and her will have a great relationship!!!!

    ReplyDelete