The Happel Crew

The Happel Crew
July 2012: Front row Carter and Cade. Middle row Addy and Reegan. Back row Me, Kyler, Quincy, Cael, Jaycie, Dean and Mackenzie

Psalm 127:3-5

Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are sons born in one's youth. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them. They will not be put to shame when they contend with their enemies in the gate.

Psalm 127:3-5
Dean and Dawn proud parents of these blessings:

Mackenzie Jo 19, Carter Dean 15, Reegan Marie 12, Cael Charles 11, Quincy Everett 9, Addelynn Ruth 7, Cade Joseph 5, Kyler Erwin 4, and Jaycie LeeAnn 2

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Carter Dean Happel












Well our first born son turned 14 years old yesterday. Honestly, we did not make that big a deal out of it over here and I feel really bad and I also know that I hurt his feelings some. Not intentional by any means. It is hard when life gets busy and the people and things that matter most get pushed aside a bit. I have asked him to forgive me, and I am realizing that some priorities need to be reset.

Carter is a great kid, he tries to be as independent as humanly possible (unless it is doing his own laundry). He has been strong willed since the day he was born. I was always trying to tame his will until I figured out that if we just channel it towards something he enjoys that he will excel. He has grown into a leader and I am very proud of him. He enjoys his sports a lot. He plays football, baseball, and wrestles. Depending on the season, then that one is his favorite. I am thankful to live in a small town where playing all three is an option. I enjoy watching him do all three as well. Right now it is wrestling season - he went to MN last weekend with Dean and won a tournament there. From what I hear he beat a pretty good kid from IL in the finals. This last weekend he won Grade School State tournament - one tough bracket too. Wrestling is for sure his best sport, and one he still really likes.

He does not like his picture taken which makes for a challenge to post something that shows his face. I happen to think he is quite handsome and in the summer it is hard to find a spot on his face without a freckle. He hopes to work this summer and then buy a moped. Since he enjoys his hair a bit longer I can envision him riding his moped with his hair blowing in the wind, tanned, and freckled. He has a great sense of humor, a lot like my own and sharing laughs with him is one of my favorite moments of each day.

It is a bit hard on me to think of him already 14. Again I say it is so unfair how fast time goes. I never want to live with regrets as far as being a mom, time is just too precious.

I still remember when he was potty training and he would run across the kitchen floor with his bare bottom and I would say to myself "I hope I never forget how cute this is." So far so good, the memory is fresh, an imprint in my mind. As are many other of the great times these first 14 years of his life has been.

No comments:

Post a Comment