The Happel Crew

The Happel Crew
July 2012: Front row Carter and Cade. Middle row Addy and Reegan. Back row Me, Kyler, Quincy, Cael, Jaycie, Dean and Mackenzie

Psalm 127:3-5

Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are sons born in one's youth. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them. They will not be put to shame when they contend with their enemies in the gate.

Psalm 127:3-5
Dean and Dawn proud parents of these blessings:

Mackenzie Jo 19, Carter Dean 15, Reegan Marie 12, Cael Charles 11, Quincy Everett 9, Addelynn Ruth 7, Cade Joseph 5, Kyler Erwin 4, and Jaycie LeeAnn 2

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Truth be told

I really enjoy candy bars. Yep, and I am not too picky. I go through phases where I like Milky Way, Three Muskateers, Snickers, Reeces, Peanut Butter Twix, Butterfinger. I am not too picky. I stay away from coconut - no thanks on that. In fact, I usually eat one a day. Not something I am willing to give up. I get a workout in 5-6 days a week, I try to eat more good then bad (some days are better then others), and I enjoy my treats!! (and my diet pepsi - but that is another story)

I also really enjoy my job. Not an easy job by any means, but wow do I have it good. All day with the ones I love the most. Watching them grow and learn. The toys may be out and it may feel like we just got done cleaning up one meal and it is time for another, the laundry is never ending and the days can be busy and even bring stress at times. But lately, I have been realizing just how really blessed I am. I was walking up the stairs last Saturday at Parkersburg High School, and the grandma of one of our wrestlers said to me that I had my hands full (this is a polite way - not always the way this is said to me) I looked at her and said I was just thinking in my head how blessed I am. She said, I truly was.

Since Jaycie, I have felt busier then ever but also more full then I could have ever imagined. The other night I saw Quincy celebrating a win from a varsity wrestler, he was so happy, arms in the air, yelling and just full of life. And I was thankful; thankful I had been willing to have him. Thankful my hand was open to His blessing.

I have not had a hair cut since October 14, 2010. That is a long time. Mackenzie would like one too. She says we need make overs. I am hoping that this afternoon we can break away and get our cuts and come home for some colors too. My gray is out of hand!! She is wanting to go dark. It is fun to have an older daughter to pal around with.

Been teaching Addy about how to work the deals at Wal Greens. We pulled up there on Tuesday and she said, "not this store, I hate this store" I asked her why. She said "because we have to put stuff up there in order and not all at once." I said that is so we can save money. When we got to the register she helped me and I showed her how we got hair color, paper plates, and 12 rolls of toilet paper for $5.85, saving $9.90 and the lady even gave us a dollar register reward to spend next time. Yes, I love to get stuff for as cheap as possible. It is a necessity when raising this size of a family!

No comments:

Post a Comment