The Happel Crew

The Happel Crew
July 2012: Front row Carter and Cade. Middle row Addy and Reegan. Back row Me, Kyler, Quincy, Cael, Jaycie, Dean and Mackenzie

Psalm 127:3-5

Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are sons born in one's youth. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them. They will not be put to shame when they contend with their enemies in the gate.

Psalm 127:3-5
Dean and Dawn proud parents of these blessings:

Mackenzie Jo 19, Carter Dean 15, Reegan Marie 12, Cael Charles 11, Quincy Everett 9, Addelynn Ruth 7, Cade Joseph 5, Kyler Erwin 4, and Jaycie LeeAnn 2

Friday, December 17, 2010

A series of events

This is a pretty typical series of events that occurs at our house almost daily. Let me back up a bit, last night I made a batch of laundry soap. It was "cooking" the same time our dinner was and I was hoping for no one to mistake either for each other. My fears realized when Addy asked what the cheese was for. No Addy, that is not cheese, it is grated soap.

Back to today, all morning my goal has been to get the laundry soap into bottles.

Jaycie up TONS last night, so a bit tired this morning, get her laid back down and think now is the time. But no, the kitchen still is not all the way cleaned from breakfast and Mackenzie needs help with a sewing project. A load of laundry in. Ok, ready now? Nope, Cade and Kyler to the tub. Shut off tv three boys are watching and hand them a workout - Carter says he is not feeling well. Ready. Nope forgot I needed to brush my teeth. Ok now? Nope did some online bill paying. Laundry hung, new load started.

Enter Reegan - can I sew something for Addy? Yes dear, but I may not be able to help you right away. Enter Addy, can we go outside? Sure. Reegan, Cael, Quincy, and Addy go outside and I assist where they need help in getting ready. Go to get Cade and Kyler out of the tub. Despite them telling me the water will stay in the tub, it did not. Ok, put towels on both and have them walk out. Cael comes in from outside, can I help him with his boots? Sure bud. Cade runs into the kitchen, "Kyler peed on the floor!" Help Cael, throw towel on pee, get pee child dressed again for the day - different shirt - first shirt fell victim to poop. Clean up pee. Decide - hey, this might be a fun time just to document how life can sometimes get in the way of our plans.

I have been praying that I would be a light in my house, no matter the circumstances. After the pee on the floor I started wondering where all my helpers were, even thought about letting the light go out, and maybe even blaming my helpers for not being where I needed them. Most of them were outside, Carter asleep on the couch, and Mackenzie.....well I think she may have been in her room. Anyway, despite what seemed like a lot at once, if everything is tackled one event at a time, it can all get done. And done with a smile. There were many more events taking my time today, normal everyday events. Point is, it is my choice how I react to all these events each and every one of them.

Now, I best get off here, it is 11 and the kitchen counter is still not wiped off from breakfast, water on the bathroom floor needs wiped up, and lunch will be soon. The new goal? Just to get the soap into the containers sometime today, with a smile!!

No comments:

Post a Comment