The Happel Crew

The Happel Crew
July 2012: Front row Carter and Cade. Middle row Addy and Reegan. Back row Me, Kyler, Quincy, Cael, Jaycie, Dean and Mackenzie

Psalm 127:3-5

Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are sons born in one's youth. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them. They will not be put to shame when they contend with their enemies in the gate.

Psalm 127:3-5
Dean and Dawn proud parents of these blessings:

Mackenzie Jo 19, Carter Dean 15, Reegan Marie 12, Cael Charles 11, Quincy Everett 9, Addelynn Ruth 7, Cade Joseph 5, Kyler Erwin 4, and Jaycie LeeAnn 2

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

A few new things

Well we now have a 7 year old in the house - well we have had a few of those before but Quincy is now 7. I still remember everything about the day he was born. He is a little man for sure at 40 pounds, but it amazes me how much his looks are changing as well as his thoughts. He enjoys the outside. He just finished his first year of flag football. He was a Super Pee Wee State wrestling champ last year, finishing the year with only one loss (which he avenged). I happen to think he is pretty cute, and he has an awesome sense of humor. He is in the 1st grade. I am super thankful for him. I love watching him and Cael together. He loves Jaycie and has told me how happy he is that we have her. I think at least once a day he tells me he loves me. Today he yelled it as he ran past me hanging laundry. Speaking of running, he can fly too.

This is Mackenzie and Brandon. He is from Dubuque, I keep telling you there is more to this story and here it is.....they are now in a relationship. This was after much thought from Mackenzie and many hours getting to know each other over the phone. They met in March at a state wrestling meet - I mean where else should one meet? They have talked on the phone first weekly and now daily. A few face to face visits in between. I am happy for them both, and feel good that they care about each other for who they are. Have spent hours getting to know each other and are very comfortable around each other. It is pretty special to watch develop. He is a great guy too, I have also enjoyed the time I have spent with him.

One of my favorite sayings is 'Dance like no one is watching and sing like no one is listening'. The girls (Mackenzie) bought this plaque for me last week and it is hanging in the kitchen; which is where most dancing occurs in this house. Carter hates this saying, I guess he does not find it normal or acceptable to have your mom dancing and singing in the kitchen. I thought it was normal, my mom did it too. Lighten up dude, how about dancing with mom for a while? It will do wonders for you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment