The Happel Crew

The Happel Crew
July 2012: Front row Carter and Cade. Middle row Addy and Reegan. Back row Me, Kyler, Quincy, Cael, Jaycie, Dean and Mackenzie

Psalm 127:3-5

Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are sons born in one's youth. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them. They will not be put to shame when they contend with their enemies in the gate.

Psalm 127:3-5
Dean and Dawn proud parents of these blessings:

Mackenzie Jo 19, Carter Dean 15, Reegan Marie 12, Cael Charles 11, Quincy Everett 9, Addelynn Ruth 7, Cade Joseph 5, Kyler Erwin 4, and Jaycie LeeAnn 2

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Check these out


The date today to get new wrestling shoes resulted in the purchase of these bad boys. The Addidas Vaporspeed ClimaCool Henry Cejudo Wrestling Shoes, in 2 sizes bigger then the shoes we bought last year.

Dean is a big fan of Asics shoes and it kills him that Carter loves to wear Addidas. He did try and Asics, he even had one foot in an Asics and one in an Addidas, these flashy shoes won out. I told him they reminded me of Michael Johnson's gold spikes. He says "Michael Johnson? Don't you mean Michael Jordan?" No son I do not, must be before your time.

As I am sure I have mentioned in the past, taking Carter shopping is a crap shoot at best. He is not the biggest fan of it, and has no real reason in his mind not to remind me of that. I drop down a lever of coolness each time a car passes me, or I am not the first off the line at a red light. However, today was different. It was pleasurable, I might even call it fun. Shoes, lunch, haircuts for both of us, Goodwill, WalMart, and Dollar General. I have heard more then enough "teen" music for a day or even two, I am sure the music I listened to at his age was far less annoying to my mom.

When I refer to Mackenzie's comment about us being the leftover house, it really is true. We have leftover pieces of granite making our patio, leftover swing sets in our backyard, hand me down and Goodwill clothing, a floor in our house with leftover wood, used cars, used bikes, most things we use each day seem to have been something someone else was done with. What a huge blessing that it! We do however, have 1 new pair of wrestling shoes in the house, the other 3 kids who are wrestling will be wearing hand me downs, and at this point there is no preference to brand and style, just what fits, and again I am thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment