The Happel Crew

The Happel Crew
July 2012: Front row Carter and Cade. Middle row Addy and Reegan. Back row Me, Kyler, Quincy, Cael, Jaycie, Dean and Mackenzie

Psalm 127:3-5

Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are sons born in one's youth. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them. They will not be put to shame when they contend with their enemies in the gate.

Psalm 127:3-5
Dean and Dawn proud parents of these blessings:

Mackenzie Jo 19, Carter Dean 15, Reegan Marie 12, Cael Charles 11, Quincy Everett 9, Addelynn Ruth 7, Cade Joseph 5, Kyler Erwin 4, and Jaycie LeeAnn 2

Thursday, April 15, 2010

39 weeks and counting

It is here already, 39 weeks which means only 1 week until my EDD. I know many women get all excited and think any day now once they reach 37 weeks as that is the new "term". I am old school I am still thinking it takes 40 weeks to brew up a baby. I have been induced a few times at 39 weeks. Actually, I have been induced every single birth, so this is a new experience for me to wait it out. Doc did offer me to not go on my own but I am still opting at this point to let her decide. Does not mean I will not change my mind if I get to 41+ weeks.

I could not avoid "the check" today and found out I am 3cm. So at least the painful "practice" contractions are doing some work. So now I wait.

Cade is again on the "potty train". All aboard!!! So I bought him 17 pair of underwear, and let me just say at the rate of pee and poop that are not making the toilet that ought to last about a day and a half. Now, he has also gone on the potty and the tree. He got a little on himself when he peed on the tree. He thought it was sort of funny, and Kyler, I am positive in an act of brotherly love dumped a bottle of water all over his pants so Cade would not be alone in his wet spot.

I in no way will be winning the "mother of the year" award. My poor Addy was up last night quite a few times complaining of an ear ache. I finally brought her downstairs to take a look and wow was I surprised at what was in there. YUCK!! So I cleaned it out thinking I was fixing it. Well now that would not have been true. I ended up taking her in this afternoon to the doc because they just kept ooozing. Come to find out she has swimmers ear. One might ask when she swam last, that would be March 19th. So a month. No wonder the poor girl has been so whiny.

I also had to take Carter in today as well because he stepped on a nail yesterday and needed a tetanus booster. He was a champ and said wow that hurt a lot more then I thought it would can I get a Dora band aid? Nurse laughed and tried to find him one. He then told her he was just kidding.

We had pizza tonight from Pizza Palace, a craving of mine. While Mackenzie is in there picking it up and visiting with Luke and Faye Alger, my favorite Kid Rock song comes on, so I crank it up. Well our windows are down since it is such a delightful night. A college girl comes out and gives me the rockers unite fist pump. I felt the bond, and thought to myself again that I just cannot be the type of person one would expect to drive a 15 passenger van, well other then almost 9 children piling out of it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment