The Happel Crew

The Happel Crew
July 2012: Front row Carter and Cade. Middle row Addy and Reegan. Back row Me, Kyler, Quincy, Cael, Jaycie, Dean and Mackenzie

Psalm 127:3-5

Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are sons born in one's youth. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them. They will not be put to shame when they contend with their enemies in the gate.

Psalm 127:3-5
Dean and Dawn proud parents of these blessings:

Mackenzie Jo 19, Carter Dean 15, Reegan Marie 12, Cael Charles 11, Quincy Everett 9, Addelynn Ruth 7, Cade Joseph 5, Kyler Erwin 4, and Jaycie LeeAnn 2

Thursday, March 25, 2010

once, twice, three times...........

Well you all know Mackenzie took Joyce to the doc and herself on Tuesday. Wednesday she took Roy into Cedar Rapids to the doctor, and then to the medical supply store for cath. stuff, and then to Hy Vee for a prescription. I actually saw them at Hy Vee when I was going in there for my weekly bargain shopping spree.

Today Roy called to see if she could drive them to Tipton, as one of the main reasons she has been doing the driving for them is that their licenses are expired. (sidenote - there is NO WAITING in Tipton for license stuff) After wards she was treated to a sandwich and a shake. I have to admit I was jealous. Anyway that is 3 days in a row getting to hang out with the neighbors. And she has had some fun along the way.

Another 3 we are hoping to cross this weekend is a 3rd state AAU State title for Carter. He weighs in tomorrow and then wrestles Saturday and hopefully Sunday too. He won a title in 3rd and 4th grade. Finished 2nd last year. Now he is looking for a third title. He has a 32 man bracket. I am sure as much as I want to just sit back and enjoy I will be nervous. I seriously do enjoy watching him, and he is very talented, with 15 state titles to his name already. But I will have nerves, and I will have emotions as this is also the last year this tourney will be held at Vets.

Ok, our little Cade is such a precious soul. He really teaches me something everyday. Mostly to be happy with the simple things in life and how to be thankful. He went to Kids Life last night. You have to be 3 to go. It was all he could talk about after turning 3 last week. Dean said he would take him last night and he said "thank you dad" about 10 times, he was so excited. To him this was a privilege, and something to be thankful for. Tonight I was changing his diapers (yes diapers) and he does not smell good. We are talking about his butt and that I am wiping it, he says thank you for wiping my butt. Once we were at Wal-Mart, and he saw the king size package of Reeces Peanut Butter Cups he said "mom look" and I said, oh Cade, those are your favorite and he smiled and said yes. I asked him if he would like to have them. He was beyond thrilled and walked them proudly to the cashier. We put them in this own bag and he carried them like gold to the van. He kept looking at me and saying "you said yes". I just wanted to cry with joy at this little guy who was not expecting a treat. I bought him a bucket of lego's at Goodwill and he thinks these things rock. He really teaches me a lot, and I think to myself this is my 7th child, never did I imagine myself with 7 children nonetheless almost 9, but wow am I thankful.

Speaking of almost 9, I will be if that ticker is not below 30 days. Seriously I am having a hard time wrapping my mind around that. Now, I am planning on going late, so I do think that gives me some more time!!! I am still working out, and honestly I am proud of that. Being 36 weeks tomorrow there are times my body feels like quitting, but I think this is still a very important part of a healthy pregnancy and hopefully and easier recovery both physically and mentally that I press forward. I see the doc tomorrow and then every week from now on. WOW!!

No comments:

Post a Comment