The Happel Crew

The Happel Crew
July 2012: Front row Carter and Cade. Middle row Addy and Reegan. Back row Me, Kyler, Quincy, Cael, Jaycie, Dean and Mackenzie

Psalm 127:3-5

Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are sons born in one's youth. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them. They will not be put to shame when they contend with their enemies in the gate.

Psalm 127:3-5
Dean and Dawn proud parents of these blessings:

Mackenzie Jo 19, Carter Dean 15, Reegan Marie 12, Cael Charles 11, Quincy Everett 9, Addelynn Ruth 7, Cade Joseph 5, Kyler Erwin 4, and Jaycie LeeAnn 2

Monday, February 1, 2010

Weekend Wrap Up

Here are a few photos of note:
Carter with an opponent from IN.


Reegan with the pin. If you think this girl looks bigger then her, you are right 40+ pounds. She pinned her.

Quincy ready for his first match. Check out the crowd.


Cael being Cael

Here are my friends the Montgomery's. I often talk about my friend Skeeter, and here she is. She would be the one about a month ago that made me laugh so hard I had a hard time recovering. Also you can see her scrapping 215 pound son, and wonderful hubby. Missing is her younger son. What are they looking at you might ask? Probably about 150 kids running around on the mat beside them.

Spent Saturday in the gym at Lisbon, at our home tourney. Quincy worked through a tough bracket including beating the state runner-up in his last match 5-4, his other two matches he won by fall. Cael was Cael and wrestled really well, two pins and a 6-1 decision. Reegan had an all girls bracket, in order to do this it required her to give up 4o pounds. You are right, wrestling is a sport dominated by your weight. No one gives up 40lbs, maybe 5 and then people are complaining. Reegan won this bracket. Carter had a tough bracket, wrestled pretty bad his first match winning 4-1 and then turned it on, beating an opponent from IN 11-1 and an unbeaten kid from IA 13-0. Four champs, a clean sweep!

I can get a little nervous during a tournament. When Carter was ready to wrestle his last match I had to go to my perch, which is the top row somewhere and I choose a corner. My family that was there and friend (in above photo) sat right in front of the mat and then made fun of me later for being nervous and perching!! HAHA, nothing like family and friends to keep you grounded!! Anyway, I love the support. After realizing who Quincy beat in his last round, I should have perched then too. Cael has also won some perch worthy matches, however, these guys are so new that I am not yet familiar with the kids.

I MET MY GOAL!! YES! And I even got to take off Sunday from exercise. Although my body really wanted to do something anyway. I thought about taking a nap yesterday but instead I watched a Lifetime movie. New goals for this month.

No comments:

Post a Comment