The Happel Crew

The Happel Crew
July 2012: Front row Carter and Cade. Middle row Addy and Reegan. Back row Me, Kyler, Quincy, Cael, Jaycie, Dean and Mackenzie

Psalm 127:3-5

Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are sons born in one's youth. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them. They will not be put to shame when they contend with their enemies in the gate.

Psalm 127:3-5
Dean and Dawn proud parents of these blessings:

Mackenzie Jo 19, Carter Dean 15, Reegan Marie 12, Cael Charles 11, Quincy Everett 9, Addelynn Ruth 7, Cade Joseph 5, Kyler Erwin 4, and Jaycie LeeAnn 2

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Shopping today

I really was desperate for groceries. I planned on going into town on Wednesday which is my town day, but the ice storm forced my hand to stay home. Our lunch yesterday was made up of home made mac and cheese with the leftover hunk of cheese, the remains of two bags of shredded, and some slices. Supper was taken care of last night. I actually enjoyed scraping by and keeping things in prospective that even when I had little I still had a lot.

We did make it in today, myself, Carter, Cael and Quincy. Quincy and Cael do not separate very well which is why Q made the trip too. I needed to get my license renewed, actually felt bad putting down my non pregnancy weight, but come on I do need to carry this around for 5 years. Also felt a little bad that I was tired today and looked it too. The picture did not turn out too bad.

I am shopping as many stores as it takes to get the best deals, spent some time on Tuesday with ads and looking thr0ugh my coupons and had a detailed list for 3 stores. First stop was to get hair cuts for Carter, Cael, and myself. My sister had given me some coupons and so we got that done for $25.

Off to Goodwill where we bought the new baby a few outfits and other various items. Then to Fare Way where they had Luvs diapers on sale for $6.97, I had signed up on their website for coupons and had 2 $2.50 coupons. Also, Fare Way sells Marcel toilet paper the 4 pack for $1.19. I had $1 coupons, making all three of them only .57 total and the diapers $4.47 a piece. Also picked up 5 pizza crust mixes for $2 and 2 cans of pizza sauce for $1.47 which I am sure will not be as good as the stuff Janice makes.

Hy Vee stop was for laundry detergent 5 for $10. I set a target price of $2.50 per bottle for this year. So I bought five of these, and some apple juice for .99. Also, bought a few other items here. Finished up the groceries at Aldi. Hit Dollar General, where recently I bought 3 packs of Ivory soap for .25, Extra dish washer tabs for .50 and free dryer sheets. No deals here today, just letting Cael and Quincy restock their secret candy stash.

Wal Mart was the end for us, and did no bargain stuff here. We did slide through McDonalds for lunch!

Mackenzie is doing the teen reading program at the Marion library, and each week she gets a free taco from Taco Bell for reading. That is the prize she chooses. Well, in thinking I would like a non medicated birth, I get natural childbirth books on reserve which she picks up for me when she stops by the library. She has been telling me she feels a bit odd walking around with those books and her teen reading log. Hehehehe!! I can see her point.

No comments:

Post a Comment