The Happel Crew

The Happel Crew
July 2012: Front row Carter and Cade. Middle row Addy and Reegan. Back row Me, Kyler, Quincy, Cael, Jaycie, Dean and Mackenzie

Psalm 127:3-5

Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are sons born in one's youth. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them. They will not be put to shame when they contend with their enemies in the gate.

Psalm 127:3-5
Dean and Dawn proud parents of these blessings:

Mackenzie Jo 19, Carter Dean 15, Reegan Marie 12, Cael Charles 11, Quincy Everett 9, Addelynn Ruth 7, Cade Joseph 5, Kyler Erwin 4, and Jaycie LeeAnn 2

Monday, December 14, 2009

Quick re-cap

Been a busy few days around here with various activities. Thursday night Dean came home from work with tickets to that nights Iowa Vs UNI wrestling dual. This brought an eruption from the kids. I had a library board meeting and so stayed back. I really wanted to go with them, but I have always tried to teach the children that is you have a prior obligation, just because something better comes along it does not mean you forget your first obligation.

Friday morning I had a meeting for the elementary play that Reegan would like to be in and Mackenzie would like to be a part of. That evening, Dean, Carter, Cael, and Quincy took off for Southern IA, and met up with some wrestling friends. They did a little wrestling on Friday night, and then just did the boys playing together thing. Having a blast. Reegan had her friend over.

Saturday those same boys had a two hour practice. It was a good workout ad Carter hung in pretty well even though he was giving up anywhere from 9-20 lbs against his partners. His face was red for the rest of the night. Cael and Quincy also wrestled well. They said overall it was a great trip. Mackenzie went to the high school tourney, and Reegan took off for the day. The guys got back and dropped off their things and three of them went over to Mt Vernon to watch the high school. Dean and I went to his company Christmas party Saturday night.

Sunday brought church, then home for lunch. The annual cookie baking session was taking place Sunday afternoon at my mother in laws house. I stayed home with Kyler and Cade who were in need of a nap, and then met the rest of the family for supper.

I got a pre-natal pilates workout on Saturday which I was really excited about. No one else seemed as excited as me when I shared the news. Oh well, I was!! It is really cool because you can create your own workout with the five ten minute segments each concentrating on something different. I am loving it. I did 20 minutes Saturday, 30 minutes on Sunday, and 20 minutes today. Got my walking in first. I am surprised at how much fun it is as well as difficult. Of course one day I will have to try all 50 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment