The Happel Crew

The Happel Crew
July 2012: Front row Carter and Cade. Middle row Addy and Reegan. Back row Me, Kyler, Quincy, Cael, Jaycie, Dean and Mackenzie

Psalm 127:3-5

Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are sons born in one's youth. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them. They will not be put to shame when they contend with their enemies in the gate.

Psalm 127:3-5
Dean and Dawn proud parents of these blessings:

Mackenzie Jo 19, Carter Dean 15, Reegan Marie 12, Cael Charles 11, Quincy Everett 9, Addelynn Ruth 7, Cade Joseph 5, Kyler Erwin 4, and Jaycie LeeAnn 2

Thursday, December 31, 2009

All Aboard ...............

The potty train!! I think Cade is potty training, why do I only think? Probably because I am not one of those who just knows or says "time's up, no more diapers". I have not always been like this. My first few kids I was a toilet nazi, but for now we are giving this a try and if it works great, and if not, then there is another time. If he reaches that age of three where friends and family start to give you "the look" because he has not yet mastered the toilet, then OH WELL!

We had a little discussion yesterday here about what is real food and what is stuff in a box or bag with a list of ingredients that we cannot even pronounce. A few object lessons too. Also a discussion on how much water our bodies need and how we are not always very good at making sure that happens, and how our body reacts. I told them that we all needed to try harder to eat foods with less ingredients. I will not be a dictator about this or become obsessive. I know life throws in a few curveballs and we will make some bad choices. The goal is to make 90% good choices when it comes to what we are putting in our bodies. I may struggle most with this, as I have been plenty open about my bad eating choices.

Since June, Carter, Reegan, Cael, and Quincy have been working on increasing their body strength using their own body weight. They have all seen great results. Their bodies are strong and they have felt the rewards in every day life as well as when participating in football and now wrestling. I am going to add some kettlebells to their routine, at least for Carter, not sure yet on the younger ones. I feel it is great to teach them how to take care of their bodies and hopefully set up long lasting habits. I have been spending some time looking up kettlebell exercises and trying to decide which ones would be most beneficial to them at this time.

Time to set a new months goals. I have been thinking about this for about a week. Probably will set a time goal and not a miles goal as I have a few other workouts I want to try and mix into my routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment