The Happel Crew

The Happel Crew
July 2012: Front row Carter and Cade. Middle row Addy and Reegan. Back row Me, Kyler, Quincy, Cael, Jaycie, Dean and Mackenzie

Psalm 127:3-5

Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are sons born in one's youth. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them. They will not be put to shame when they contend with their enemies in the gate.

Psalm 127:3-5
Dean and Dawn proud parents of these blessings:

Mackenzie Jo 19, Carter Dean 15, Reegan Marie 12, Cael Charles 11, Quincy Everett 9, Addelynn Ruth 7, Cade Joseph 5, Kyler Erwin 4, and Jaycie LeeAnn 2

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Life as I know it



Duane throwing out the first pitch



4 Wheel riding at my dad's house

Life here continues at it's normal pace, I would not want to miss a beat of it. We went on an adventure last week. I could not stand another rainy cold day. I thought it was summer, and I was very prepared not to complain at all about the heat, and now I have the cold weather just begging me to complain about it. Thursday started out another cold wet day, I packed up the kids in the van and we took off to Davenport to the Putnam museum. Lots of fun! Also great to just get away together.

Friday we were going to go to a movie at the park, however, it rained! Really? Rain again? Yes. So no movie, but a nice night at home. Dean was working late, and Mackenzie was too. So I shucked and cooked corn, fried potatoes, and grilled meat all by myself!! Carter was most helpful by feeding Kyler some yogurt while I was busy. Very good supper I might add (not bragging). How can you go wrong with corn on the cob!?! That is just delicious eating. I was so craving a beer while I was attempting to be the grill master.

Saturday we went to my dad's house, and hung out there in the afternoon. Then we went to Burlington to my mom's house. We went to a Burlington Bees game that night to celebrate my step brother Duane's 30th birthday!! Tons of fun. Love getting together with everyone. Seeing a baseball game is icing on the cake. Got to dance with Dancing Bob. He is a mentally challenged man, who for the last 25 years has gone to the home games and dances in between innings. He even has his own trading cards, which I am the proud owner of an autographed one. How did I get this? Well I just had to dance with him a few times. I may never get that opportunity again!! Mackenzie and Jeni had already gone down for their not to miss adventure. You never know when life will throw another opportunity like that out there. I started thinking about how much fun this guy has with life. How inhibited so many of us really are.

Came back to Lisbon on Sunday, Mackenzie had her Bible study and we had play practice. Down to the last few practices before the big event. One week from tomorrow. Not sure what I will do with my nights after practices are over.

No comments:

Post a Comment