The Happel Crew

The Happel Crew
July 2012: Front row Carter and Cade. Middle row Addy and Reegan. Back row Me, Kyler, Quincy, Cael, Jaycie, Dean and Mackenzie

Psalm 127:3-5

Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are sons born in one's youth. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them. They will not be put to shame when they contend with their enemies in the gate.

Psalm 127:3-5
Dean and Dawn proud parents of these blessings:

Mackenzie Jo 19, Carter Dean 15, Reegan Marie 12, Cael Charles 11, Quincy Everett 9, Addelynn Ruth 7, Cade Joseph 5, Kyler Erwin 4, and Jaycie LeeAnn 2

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

The Fart that brought me down

Cael is my child who says things just when I wish he had not, in in places I wish he had not, in front of people I wish he had not. Last night we were going over our dance scene in the play. He is sort of not listening and twirling around. Then right as our director is talking to us, he lets a few go, cuts the cheese, rips a few, passes gas, blows some air, you name it anyway you want it comes up with the same result. Adults going down in laughter and a 7 year old just doing as nature calls. Me being the mature adult I am, pretty much did not recover for the whole practice, I kept giggling. Seriously this was very funny. I called it the protest fart. He did it right in front of the director, sort of like "you are not telling me what to do, or else............." "take this". See like I said, my maturity level is right there along the lines of lets say ages 5-12. Maybe it is worse, it did not seem to effect Cael very much, in fact, he let a few more go later on, this time aiming for people.

The play is shaping up nicely, it is so much fun to be a part of.

Mackenzie spent some time working at a local farm yesterday, she has a lot of fun with that farm life. Carter spent the day with a friend, as did Reegan. Cael and Quincy spent time practicing for when they play for the Cubs. They told me that when they are 20 they are moving to Chicago to play for the Cubs. They were so funny the way they were throwing that ball around and Cael giving Quincy instructions. (not sure if this is when Cael is 20 or Quincy is 20) Addy and Cade rode bikes, and drug her Dora kitchen outside to play house. Kyler was his normal self, just sort of taking it all in.

I called yesterday my mental health day, I did my exercises, and work around the house, and then I spent some time resting and enjoying the day. Dean is the leader for Addy's group at VBS, they had their second night last night. It is quite the rush for supper and out the door, but we are well practiced at this.

2 comments:

  1. I am proud to say that I heard that toot and it made me laugh! :) Thanks Cael.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was soooooo funny. I scored it as a solid 3!! It didn't bother him in the slightest either. Dawn was laughing so hard she had tears in her eyes. It was the highlight of my night for sure!! Thanks Cael!!

    ReplyDelete