The Happel Crew

The Happel Crew
July 2012: Front row Carter and Cade. Middle row Addy and Reegan. Back row Me, Kyler, Quincy, Cael, Jaycie, Dean and Mackenzie

Psalm 127:3-5

Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are sons born in one's youth. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them. They will not be put to shame when they contend with their enemies in the gate.

Psalm 127:3-5
Dean and Dawn proud parents of these blessings:

Mackenzie Jo 19, Carter Dean 15, Reegan Marie 12, Cael Charles 11, Quincy Everett 9, Addelynn Ruth 7, Cade Joseph 5, Kyler Erwin 4, and Jaycie LeeAnn 2

Monday, June 15, 2009

When your children really amaze you

Dean and Carter took off to the Northern Plains Regionals with three other father son combos on Thursday afternoon. This is a tourney for Greco Roman and Freestyle wrestling. 7 states are represented and it is a qualifier for the National tourney in UT.

Carter finished 4th in greco and 2nd in freestyle. He truly amazed me!! This was a tourney not filled with slouches, if you were here, you can really wrestle. He actually beat the champ both days. It is different how a greco and freestyle bracket work, making it possible to beat the kid who wins the tourney. According to Dean this was a whole different level. The two times Carter get beat in greco, he really got beat, these kids just knew more. He made it to the finals in freestyle, he hurt his neck in the semis, and probably should not have wrestled. He will have to learn when to say no. He was unable to finish his shots and made a quick demise in the finals. Friday in the semis he took a head butt to the face, which he also could not recover from (mentally this time). He came home with two nice medals, a black eye, and a head he could not turn to the right. He is gaining some mobility in it this morning.

Beyond proud is about all I can say!!

We got along very well back here, nervous tummy and all. The kids back home were great. We had a great time hanging out. Made Jiffy Pop (yummy), watched movies, went on a walk, the kids had a camp out in the family room. Lots of fun!!

I have been able to get 3 forms of exercise in each day since I posted about it last week. I might add it is fun trying to do so. I make sure one makes me really sweaty, then the next two may or may not make me sweat. It is great how easy this really can be. Right now I am trying to do the Firm, an ab workout, and make sure I get 10,000 steps each day. Love that my pedometer was found, I reset it so I can start fresh with the 7 day count. All I want is to be one step over 70,740. Maybe one week I will shoot for 100,000.

I am off today to Fort Dodge to meet a friend of mine who is back from Colorado. Her mom lives in Sioux City. We are meeting at the Fort Dodge museum. Might as well get some education in as well. I am excited, she has 3 children, one I have never seen in person. They are all 5 and under.

No comments:

Post a Comment