The Happel Crew

The Happel Crew
July 2012: Front row Carter and Cade. Middle row Addy and Reegan. Back row Me, Kyler, Quincy, Cael, Jaycie, Dean and Mackenzie

Psalm 127:3-5

Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are sons born in one's youth. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them. They will not be put to shame when they contend with their enemies in the gate.

Psalm 127:3-5
Dean and Dawn proud parents of these blessings:

Mackenzie Jo 19, Carter Dean 15, Reegan Marie 12, Cael Charles 11, Quincy Everett 9, Addelynn Ruth 7, Cade Joseph 5, Kyler Erwin 4, and Jaycie LeeAnn 2

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Steps steps and more steps

As most of you know, I started this year on a quest to lose 30 pounds, I am 20 or 21 down right now and if I can ever get these last 10 off, I may shoot for more. What got me going was Leslie Sansone's Walk Away the Pounds. I really enjoyed my time with Leslie, she is a bit goofy, but good hearted. She often had us raise our hands and count our blessings. I loved it. I also loved wearing a pedometer and trying to get to 10,000 steps a day. This was not too hard if I would do a 3 mile walk with Leslie and then lead my normal life.

I decided to make a switch to my workout routine and start doing aerobic weight training with The Firm videos. This has also done a lot for me, and I am enjoying my time with the weights. However, the step counter does not move much during this time. This means a lot of extra work to get it over 10,000 steps a day.

I actually ran over my first pedometer, while loading up some of my children in my father in laws car, it dropped and I ran over it. I was devastated when I found out. I tried to live without it, thinking well that will be one less thing to take up my time, but I found I really missed it so I replaced it. I love wearing this, it really helps to keep me accountable to moving myself as much as possible.

Saturday I decided to see how many steps I had taken over the last 7 days (my pedometer has this function of storing 7 days worth of info). I tallied it up and it came out to 70,740. Game on! Now I have to try and beat that over the next 7 days. I did The Firm yesterday and took the kids to the free movie at Cole Library. My steps were low yesterday. I was going to walk Reegan and Cael to their practice (I do this as much as possible to get the additional walking in). I tried one friend to see is she wanted to come too, but she was busy. Then I started thinking, I would actually walk during their practice. I got a hold of two more friends who were able to join me, and I had not only exercise but a little girlfriend time - what a delight!!

I am now mixing up my workouts some, doing mostly The Firm, a day or two of Leslie, and as much walking as possible.

2 comments: