The Happel Crew

The Happel Crew
July 2012: Front row Carter and Cade. Middle row Addy and Reegan. Back row Me, Kyler, Quincy, Cael, Jaycie, Dean and Mackenzie

Psalm 127:3-5

Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are sons born in one's youth. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them. They will not be put to shame when they contend with their enemies in the gate.

Psalm 127:3-5
Dean and Dawn proud parents of these blessings:

Mackenzie Jo 19, Carter Dean 15, Reegan Marie 12, Cael Charles 11, Quincy Everett 9, Addelynn Ruth 7, Cade Joseph 5, Kyler Erwin 4, and Jaycie LeeAnn 2

Monday, March 16, 2009

odds and ends

wow what a busy weekend. Mackenzie worked late on Friday, got her picked up at midnight, then got up at 5:30 to spend the earlier part of the day in a gym - district wrestling. Carter got beat again by the same kid, and once again his mom was taping his earlier matches. This just gets under my skin. I have already apologized for this, but I finally had to say something to a person from that school. Off to the state tourney in two weeks. Carter had every opportunity to win that match and did not pull the trigger. I see God's hand in this, as I see it in everything, and we are learning a lot as we go through the ups and downs of raising our children.

Went to a gathering that night in Walford, the kids love getting together and playing, and it was a nice time visiting with other adults.

Sunday we went to church, where I was brought to tears in thankfulness for the brokeness I have been feeling. Off to Chuck E Cheese, where I put the kids on a mission to win the giant kickball. We were a few tickets short, so we were able to make up the difference in cash. We are the proud owners of a giant green Chuck E Cheese ball. In case anyone is wondering Chuck E is a mouse and not a rat, we asked.

We had 10 families over last night to pick NCAA wrestling teams, get some competitive people in the same room, picking teams to beat each other, and you get a lot of laughs. I feel like I am glad it is Monday and can get some rest - hahahah - NOT!! A trip into town for chemistry lab, band and a concert this evening, practice tonight, an overnight guest, and Lisbon is on spring break with a beautiful day on tap - I am almost positive there will be baseball at the park as well.

I will get my laundry out on the line today - I have been eagerly awaiting the day I could do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment