The Happel Crew

The Happel Crew
July 2012: Front row Carter and Cade. Middle row Addy and Reegan. Back row Me, Kyler, Quincy, Cael, Jaycie, Dean and Mackenzie

Psalm 127:3-5

Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are sons born in one's youth. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them. They will not be put to shame when they contend with their enemies in the gate.

Psalm 127:3-5
Dean and Dawn proud parents of these blessings:

Mackenzie Jo 19, Carter Dean 15, Reegan Marie 12, Cael Charles 11, Quincy Everett 9, Addelynn Ruth 7, Cade Joseph 5, Kyler Erwin 4, and Jaycie LeeAnn 2

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Relaxing and thinking


Cade enjoying a bit of relaxation time in his sister's Dora couch, a diaper, and his mom's (my) socks! I am pretty sure this is one of those photos he will hope one day disappears. Cade is a crazy man - CRAZY CADE I think we should call him. He thinks the whole world is a wrestling room and everyone wants to play. Just ask Elliott, who had no idea he was playing on Sunday when from behind he gets plowed. Cade will one day have to realize that he is going to be out sized here. He makes the funniest faces, and does crazy things all day long.
I just hopped up to answer the phone, on my way back through I catch Cael giving Quincy a wedgie - not atomic, I think I stopped it before it got that far.
Over the last few days I have watched my children do some very neat things. Yesterday while on an adventure to the library to lean the ins and outs of how it works, I saw Reegan help my sister get her children in the van, I saw Carter help Jarrett push his wheelchair through some wet grass, and across a street. Whenever I see my children help out their cousin, my heart is always touched, I know I have seen Cael, Quincy, and Reegan help him at different times. They do it without being asked, and they do it with pleasure and is if it is just a part of everyday life. Last night, I was here to comfort Mackenzie who had to make a difficult call to Jeni to let her know a friend of hers had been killed in a traffic accident. Then go over to comfort her. Mackenzie had a lot of concern for her cousin. She told me this morning, she would never forget the feeling of making that call, but she knew it was what needed to be done. When you can catch glimpses like these into the hearts of your children, it is a real blessing. I am thanking God for these moments.
On a flip note, Reegan who will be 9 in April still loves to act like an animal, and has a wonderful and vivid imagination. Today, while I ran into the home school building to use the facilities, she climbed into the back of the van, when I came out, she started to bark and scratch at the window - laugh out loud - I am sure I drew some attention to her. We then drove to Walgreens, she hops out and tells me she is riding one of her horses into the store and gallops down the sidewalk. At this point, I think to myself how thankful I am to have a child so uninhibited by what someone may think of her. She is great!! She provides me with a lot of laughter, a free spirit for sure. She has a whole family of horses, today their names are; Ike, Lola, Lyla, and Box.
While at Walgreens, I wrote a check for $8.33, I saved $8.39, so I saved 50% of my bill, this gets better. The cashier hands me a $6 register reward (money to spend in the store later), I will get a $2.50 refund from one of the items I bought and $1.00 refund. I consider this a pretty good shopping pit stop!
Also, made my second run to Goodwill in two days - today I was able to buy Reegan a chair that she had been wanting, curtains (5) - three long ones to go over a sliding door, and two valances, a puzzle, a game, and a sweater, $23.00. Not too shabby.

1 comment:

  1. I think I vaugely remember the first time I met dear Reagen...yup, she barked then too :)

    ReplyDelete