The Happel Crew

The Happel Crew
July 2012: Front row Carter and Cade. Middle row Addy and Reegan. Back row Me, Kyler, Quincy, Cael, Jaycie, Dean and Mackenzie

Psalm 127:3-5

Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are sons born in one's youth. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them. They will not be put to shame when they contend with their enemies in the gate.

Psalm 127:3-5
Dean and Dawn proud parents of these blessings:

Mackenzie Jo 19, Carter Dean 15, Reegan Marie 12, Cael Charles 11, Quincy Everett 9, Addelynn Ruth 7, Cade Joseph 5, Kyler Erwin 4, and Jaycie LeeAnn 2

Friday, February 13, 2009

exercise and excuses

Well three days in row I have exercised, I forget how good it makes me feel. With 8 children and a busy house, I kept saying that I could not find time. Well that, as well as many other things was just an excuse. What I wanted was the same time each day, 6am 9pm, 3pm. This is what was never available. So I decided, hey I am going to do this whenever I think I can, just squeeze it in. If I get interrupted then I do, I can pause it and get back. I have been interrupted, I have been "helped" and I have been talked to, I even answered the phone while exercising, not ideal but I got it in anyway. So it has been 10am, 5pm, and 9am the last few days. I can make excuses about a lot of things, eating too much, spending time in my Bible. I do not let my kids make excuses, but somehow I do it. STOP I say, craziness. I read my Bible this morning as well. There is time, the issue is not time, the issue is choice! Hard pill to swallow. Howevcr, I will choke it down and make the right choices.

Oh, I got a facebook, too funny. I was wanting a way to try and touch base with old classmates, I did not realize how quickly my technology skills have become outdated. Oh well, at 40 I am probably outdated as well!!

No comments:

Post a Comment