The Happel Crew

The Happel Crew
July 2012: Front row Carter and Cade. Middle row Addy and Reegan. Back row Me, Kyler, Quincy, Cael, Jaycie, Dean and Mackenzie

Psalm 127:3-5

Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are sons born in one's youth. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them. They will not be put to shame when they contend with their enemies in the gate.

Psalm 127:3-5
Dean and Dawn proud parents of these blessings:

Mackenzie Jo 19, Carter Dean 15, Reegan Marie 12, Cael Charles 11, Quincy Everett 9, Addelynn Ruth 7, Cade Joseph 5, Kyler Erwin 4, and Jaycie LeeAnn 2

Sunday, January 4, 2009



What do you think I paid for this? Janice, you cannot answer. My total out of pocket expense for two tubes of Colgate toothpaste, 4 candy bars, 2 boxes of Puffs, 2 Palmolive dish soaps, 1 Electrosol, 2 Soft Soaps, 3 Garnier Fructis, 1 Oust candle, 3 Glade scented oil refills, 1 20 roll package of Cottonelle tp was (drum roll please) $2.85!! Yes you did read that right, $2.85!!! I combined coupons, sales, rebates, and ECB's (money from CVS).

Janice and I went to town tonight so I could show her how to best get some household items for little money.

First stop was CVS, where I had $15.67 is ECB's to spend. When I got there the magic red machine printed me out $.50 more ECB's as a bonus to my fall spending. I bought 2 tubes of Colgate toothpaste which were on sale 2/$5, I also bought the 20 pack of tp for 12.67, and 4 candy bars for $2. I gave the cashier 2 coupons for $1.50 off Colgate, and all my ECB's. Which left me a balance of .93. THEN the lovely cashier gave me $6 more in ECB's to spend later and get more goodies.

Next stop Menards - bummer, we were too late, the store was closed, I may have to visit them tomorrow.

Off to Walgreens, where I bought 2 puffs kleenex, 2 softsoaps, 2 palmolives, 3 Garnier hair products, 1 oust candle, 1 electrosol. Handed over a slew of coupons taking my $26.19 grand total down to $9.17. Then I realized that the Glade scented oil refills were ringing up at $2.50, so back in I went with my gift card and a coupon to get three of those.

Now, after I send in for my rebates from Walgreens, and add in the ECB's the lovely cashier lady gave me at CVS, I will have spent only $2.85. WOW, pretty cool, and it keeps my toilet paper total down to ZERO so far for the year, but adds lots of savings to my savings total.

Speaking of toilet paper totals, I need some guesses as to how much you think I will spend this year on toilet paper. Maybe I forgot to mention that there will be a fabulous prize!

4 comments:

  1. Ooooo I am voting that you will spend 15.00 all year in TP. Thaks for the new addiction, I am still so pumped on my savings that I cant think about sleep and it is almost midnight! I have even straightened up one of my closets to start storing my "stash" since we got home! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm impressed. Please teach me your wise ways :) Coupons scare me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, this is ridiculous! I need you to come and teach me too. You should start some sort of online tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, clearly Paige is signed into her google account..janelle

    ReplyDelete