The Happel Crew

The Happel Crew
July 2012: Front row Carter and Cade. Middle row Addy and Reegan. Back row Me, Kyler, Quincy, Cael, Jaycie, Dean and Mackenzie

Psalm 127:3-5

Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are sons born in one's youth. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them. They will not be put to shame when they contend with their enemies in the gate.

Psalm 127:3-5
Dean and Dawn proud parents of these blessings:

Mackenzie Jo 19, Carter Dean 15, Reegan Marie 12, Cael Charles 11, Quincy Everett 9, Addelynn Ruth 7, Cade Joseph 5, Kyler Erwin 4, and Jaycie LeeAnn 2

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Felling cool over a cell phone & Walmart

ok, I am feeling a bit odd over all the excitement I have gotten today over a "new to me" cell phone that I purchased off EBAY. There were a few left over ring tones from the previous owner which made me wonder about the phone, but I have actually assigned some of my contacts these rings.

The history of the phone sort of intrigues me, I have always been one to enjoy a good mystery, I wonder who, what, when, where, and why of this phone. Any heartbreak happen with it? Any joy? Any adventure? Who is this person who had it before me. Anyway, I will have made up a hundred stories in my mind over the next week about the phone.

When this white package arrives today in the mail, I get real excited. I am thrilled when I open it, two chargers, a case, and a clip to hook it on my belt. Mackenzie asks if she can see it, and says, "hey, that is like ______'s old one" & "I think that is like dad's old one" I am thinking jeez, here I am all excited about some "old one" model. Oh well, if I stopped liking the "old ones" I may no longer like myself, or a few other people I really admire.

I get a hold of Janice and she rides along with me to get everything changed from the "dinosaur phone" to the "new to me" phone. As we are walking out of the store, I say, "hey, I feel pretty cool with this phone" Now, I know I am not cool; I do not dress in the latest fashions, I have 8 children, I home school, my hair needs cut, I drive a 15 passenger van (white), I am a happy person. But for some strange reason this "new to me" phone has me feeling pretty hip. Hip, is exactly where I hope to wear it as well, since it came with a clip.

Spent a marathon day in town yesterday, Carter and Reegan got a hair cut. Now I know Carter needs a cut, the hair is getting really long, but afterwards, I always wish it was long again. Reegan was so thrilled with her cut, even though she wanted nothing to do with getting one. We went to lunch, and the play McDonalds. My kids come out of there with the funniest stories. Then to Wal Mart. Now, it is hard to find the best deals when you are shopping with 8, but I did save $4.30, which I added to my total. I thought, oh how disappointing, but really if I saved just that every time I went to the store, I would be doing pretty good. I actually like taking the kids to the store, there are lots of things to laugh about, and the looks people can give a woman walking around with 8 children is a real hoot. One of the highlights was Reegan going to the end of the isle and looking for the least expensive "cheapest" bottle of ketchup. She finds it and comes running back down the isle with it over her head yelling ".94 cents". It was almost like she had won a trophy.

Now, do not get me wrong here, I would much rather shop alone because it is easier to think and a tiny bit quicker. But I also do not mind taking the children, and no, they are not perfect, they can misbehave, run, slide, hide in the toilet paper, beg, plead, hang off the cart, stop in front of the cart, pull something off the shelf, cry, need to go potty, you name it, I have experienced it. But experience is something I really like. I love a life of experiences.

For those who want to learn this little art of couponing, give me a call, I would love to teach anyone interested. Hey call the cell phone, I am sure I will look real cool talking on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment