The Happel Crew

The Happel Crew
July 2012: Front row Carter and Cade. Middle row Addy and Reegan. Back row Me, Kyler, Quincy, Cael, Jaycie, Dean and Mackenzie

Psalm 127:3-5

Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are sons born in one's youth. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them. They will not be put to shame when they contend with their enemies in the gate.

Psalm 127:3-5
Dean and Dawn proud parents of these blessings:

Mackenzie Jo 19, Carter Dean 15, Reegan Marie 12, Cael Charles 11, Quincy Everett 9, Addelynn Ruth 7, Cade Joseph 5, Kyler Erwin 4, and Jaycie LeeAnn 2

Saturday, January 24, 2009

Bringin' home some hardware!!!

Took the three wrestling boys to Delhi today to wrestle in a tourney. Brought home three 1st places. Had a blast, and the boys wrestled real well. They are so cute!! The team (Lisbon) took 2nd.

Reegan who dreams of being a wrestler, got 2 matches with 2 girls - she beat them both! She was not entered into the tourney, but wrestled exhibition matches with these two girls - she was very very proud of the team medal that she was given.

I almost had to wrestle as well, see my friend Skeeter, who shows up on this blog a lot, was there with her youngest boy. Well he got slammed today, which is an illegal move, where one wrestler brings down another too hard. Well he was unable to come back and wrestle. While he was laying on the mat, in much pain, this VERY large man is walking back and forth proclaiming nice and loudly "that was not a slam". He did this a few times and it started to grate on me a bit. Well Carter comes over and I ask if our guy is ok, and he says, I am not sure but he got slammed. I say yes I know, but this guy over here, (I am looking at the BIG guy who right now is sitting two down from me) has been making it perfectly clear he does not think this was a slam. I do think once he realized he was sitting by the mom and her friend, he thought it best he keep quiet. I mean wrestlers are tough, but you don't mess with their moms!!

Mackenzie stayed home and played with Addy and Cade. Addy was most proud of herself because she got herself and Cade dressed today - she may need a lesson on what goes together. I find a lot of humor in kids dressing themselves, I've considered letting them dress me for a day and go out and about in the chosen outfit.

Mackenzie spent some time watching Avery today, who is a very sweet and cute little cousin of hers. Joe and Emily's daughter. Well Cade "loves" Avery a lot, but she is uninterested in the way he likes to show his love. Cade, lets just say is our resident bully!!

Mackenzie is extremely excited for 2 shows this weekend Miss America and The Duggar Wedding. Carter, Reegan, Cael and Quincy are most excited for The Royal Rumble which as Carter says "Is the biggest WWE match of the year!" I do think that some are heading to the Moehlman's house for this, and perhaps the girls to my house for the Duggar Wedding.

We went to Iowa City Friday night to watch the Hawks wrestle, Carter, Cael and Quincy had me laughing so hard. My Cael is a hoot! He always has been, I remember as a baby he would sit on the floor and just laugh. He still laughs a lot but he somehow forgot how to sit for any length of time.

Dean, as you can imagine, just loves a weekend filled with wrestling, first the Hawks, then his boys and others he coaches, and then WWE - ok maybe not WWE.

You may wonder if Kyler is still around - well of course, he is such a sweet little guy who just hangs out with the rest of us. Smiling and taking in this thing we call his family.

No comments:

Post a Comment